SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am located in Hanover PA. I have been giving my 87 240 DL lots of love this summer. I found 4-240's
is a local salvage yard. I collected lots of front end lighting, two exhaust systems from the cat back! An other goodies!
The problem,I can't handle is replacing the windshield wiper assembly. I got all the part's, but I can not
get the cables in place an installed. I have the car at Flickinger's Auto Service in York Pa. This is our go
to old school Volvo repair & sales shop. The repair just keeps getting put off. I want my 240 back.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks-

Mike

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
There may be something in the green books here: http://www.k-jet.org/documents/greenbooks/200-series/ IIRC there was a thread on TurboBricks a few weeks back with the same cable issues, and I think someone mentioned there that there were different cable lengths depending on the year.

BTW, it's always a good idea to include model, year, and mods if any in your posts as it helps in troubleshooting.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. Lucky for me, a new job came though in Maryland. I spoke with European Auto Care in Pasadena MD. He is an old school Volvo master tech! Three hour labor, Done!!

So John, I can't help but notice, the 83 Mazda RX7 , do you mean the wide body twin turbo of the period? A club member of the PHCA here in PA. runs one! Sounds like a jet engine winding up the road at the hill climb events!

Thanks, Mike My 87 240 DL, no mods

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Glad you got wipers again ... winter's coming. ;)

My Rex has a 12a bridge port with a cleaned up stock carb, so nothing really special here. If/when I get a racing budget again I'm thinking of getting a Holley road race up-grade to get me up to the 220 hp (+/-) area. :)

Here's a couple of photos:

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts