SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some POS idiot put a big scratch on my car. It's too bad you have something nice without some dirtbag ruining it.

Anyway, now I need some good touchup paint. Any ideas?

2015.5 bright silver xc60

Thx

·
Registered
25 Posts
That absolutely blows man.. I feel and share your pain. I would get it from the dealer.. Might over pay a bit, but you will know for sure it's the correct color..

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
^^Agreed.. just buy it at the dealer. Also know that the touchup is a 2 stage setup. One color and one clear.

·
Registered
745 Posts
^^Agreed.. just buy it at the dealer. Also know that the touchup is a 2 stage setup. One color and one clear.
Another +1 for getting it from the dealer. The two stage paint touch up kit works great!

Plus you don't have to worry about matching the colour for some random touch up paint.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I'm going through this right now. The Volvo touch up paint is nice but the nail polish applicator brush isn't ideal for all touch ups. You might want to experiment with a very fine art brush depending on the shape and size and depth of the scratch. The brush in the bottle did okay for me on a few small touch ups but it sucked on some bigger chips (size of a match head) because the paint would just blob. When I went to wipe the area clean 10 minutes later (per the instructions) with the damp bottle tip to clean up the excess on the surrounding area it would pull all the paint back out of the chip. So now I'm going to apply several light color coats using a very fine art brush, being very careful not to get any paint on the surrounding area and not let the touch up paint height get built up above the height of the surrounding area. This way when the color coat is at the optimal depth I can just clear over that.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Dr Color Chip works great.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts