SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,
Is there a way to find out the overall consumption of my car recorded in car or VOC App?
That is without reseting any trip computers.
In my app i get this image and was wondering if this consumption is referring to total km’s or after reset....or after refill

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
In the VOC app, go to <More> or its translated equivalent on the bottom right of the app, click on <App Settings> and go to Driving Journal and turn it on (if it is not already on)

You can then go to your journal to retrieve the latest trip consumptions for the last [100] days. You can export that data in a spreadsheet periodically (e.g., quarterly) and append the latest data to the preceding periods.

It is a bit clunky but workable. I did that for awhile and quit. I opted to use Fuelly.com exclusively for petroleum. I have been doing that since Day 1.

For T8, I wish Fuelly would accommodate PHEV consumed power (both grid and regenerated) as an enhancement. Several SSters are on Fuelly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In the VOC app, go to <More> or its translated equivalent on the bottom right of the app, click on <App Settings> and go to Driving Journal and turn it on (if it is not already on)

You can then go to your journal to retrieve the latest trip consumptions for the last [100] days. You can export that data in a spreadsheet periodically (e.g., quarterly) and append the latest data to the preceding periods.

It is a bit clunky but workable. I did that for awhile and quit. I opted to use Fuelly.com exclusively for petroleum. I have been doing that since Day 1.

For T8, I wish Fuelly would accommodate PHEV consumed power (both grid and regenerated) as an enhancement. Several SSters are on Fuelly.

Thanks Gary,

I have enabled the journal from day 1, BUT not from 0km, i think i was around 50km when i enabled it.
If i export the data, will i need to combine all consumptions? Or do i get an automatic average?

I was wondering what is the consumption i am seeing in my screenshot on homepage of the app and remaining fuel. Is it an average since 0km?

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
Thanks Gary,

I have enabled the journal from day 1, BUT not from 0km, i think i was around 50km when i enabled it.
If i export the data, will i need to combine all consumptions? Or do i get an automatic average?

I was wondering what is the consumption i am seeing in my screenshot on homepage of the app and remaining fuel. Is it an average since 0km?
As I recall, you will receive the individual data points for each record (I.e., segment of trip). You will likely need to add totals and compute averages.

The remaining fuel on your App is what is in the tank. The remaining distance on the VOC app is likely based on the average fuel consumption for the last [20] km/mi.

I will try to verify. I do not think it is based on averages since Day 1. The onboard trip computer is based on the last reset whenever that was.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
As I recall, you will receive the individual data points for each record (I.e., segment of trip). You will likely need to add totals and compute averages.

The remaining fuel on your App is what is in the tank. The remaining distance on the VOC app is likely based on the average fuel consumption for the last [20] km/mi.

I will try to verify. I do not think it is based on averages since Day 1. The onboard trip computer is based on the last reset whenever that was.

Yes, but i am not talking about the remaining range. I am talking about the 8.2lt consumption shown in this page. Where is this data derived from? TA,TM or Total?

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
Yes, but i am not talking about the remaining range. I am talking about the 8.2lt consumption shown in this page. Where is this data derived from? TA,TM or Total?

Thanks for your patience. Our VOC apps are designed a bit different. My fuel economy in US on iOS is under “Statistics.

The short answer is that the Fuel Consumption in the VOC app is based on the TA (until it is reset).

In my case, the 40.4 mpg (or 40.5) is based on the 2714.4 miles in the TM.

·
VOC / Connectivity Expert
652 Posts

You want the "Driving Journal" it has what you want, per trip. Bonus if you have a T8, you also get the route taken.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for your patience. Our VOC apps are designed a bit different. My fuel economy in US on iOS is under “Statistics.

The short answer is that the Fuel Consumption in the VOC app is based on the TA (until it is reset).

In my case, the 40.4 mpg (or 40.5) is based on the 2714.4 miles in the TA.

Thank you Gary.
I have the statistics app here

The numbers i am asking are located in the HOME screen of the app - Bottom tab under remaining fuel (don’t know how it’s called

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You want the "Driving Journal" it has what you want, per trip. Bonus if you have a T8, you also get the route taken.
Hello there,
Thanks for your reply.
I ve seen the driving journal but i am not referring to that.
What is the difference with the “route taken”?
I get this screen in driving journal

·
Registered
6,921 Posts
Every consumption number you see anywhere seems just time average since your last reset. Reset it on the end button of left stalk in your car and they all change. No lifetime average number unfortunately.

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
you say TA but its actually TM from your picture.

In my case, the 40.4 mpg (or 40.5) is based on the 2714.4 miles in the TA.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Every consumption number you see anywhere seems just time average since your last reset. Reset it on the end button of left stalk in your car and they all change. No lifetime average number unfortunately.

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk
Yes you are probably right, but in the remaining range tab of the Home screen, i can't understand the consumption relation..

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
you say TA but its actually TM from your picture.
Yes, you are correct. I fixed that in my original explanation. Apologies.

The owners manual seems to indicate that Fuel Consumption in the Trip Computer is based on the following:
TA - real-time consumption at that instant.
TM - average consumption based on last reset of TM

I expect that VOC is using the same data - at least from what I am seeing.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I expect that VOC is using the same data - at least from what I am seeing.

Yes, this must be true, because i saw a huge difference when in traffic...

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Gary, what is the difference with the “route taken”, that is said to be an exclusive view in VoC only for T8 vehicles?

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
Gary, what is the difference with the “route taken”, that is said to be an exclusive view in VoC only for T8 vehicles?
I think @WhoaVolvo will need to respond to your question. I do not see anything by that name unless the reference is to start address and end address in the VOC export.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Can you please show me this ''bonus'' view?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Can you please show me this ''bonus'' view?
Not quoted OP, but here's what you see on a 2019 XC90 T8 Inscrption (trip between two businesses, so no private info, and addresses are edited out - normally you'd see them in A/B sections):

Here's what the quoted OP is probably talking about:

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Not OP, but here's what you see on a 2019 XC90 T8 Inscrption (trip between two businesses, so no private info, and addresses are edited out - normally you'd see them in A/B sections). As far as I can tell, it doesn't show the actual route taken, just the start/end points:

what is the difference from what i see?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 30 Posts