SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am setting up the Torque App and I am trying to decide which readings are best to watch. I am not concerned so much about 0-60 times and that sort of thing. I want to watch boost levels, Air Fuel ratios and that sort of thing to ensure that the engine is working properly. I'm interested in input from other R owners about which items you monitor using Torque or a similar app. Any constructive input would be appreciated!

·
Registered
8,061 Posts
Boost is not available on the R from ODBII, so I have a big pointer gauge on the pillar for that and I use a ScanGauge to watch load, intake air temp, air fuel ratio, and either water temp or estimated hp depending on what I'm doing, like either interstate cruising or performance stuff.

·
Registered
5,369 Posts
I'd say scangauge > torque app. Torque app is fine for on the fly diagnostics, but depending on your device refresh rate can be slow and finding a decent place to mount your device for viewing can be tough. Scangauge stay with the car, has a faster refresh rate, mounts easily, and is easier to read than the torque app display which can become cluttered.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts