SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the way home from work last night I passed another V50. Black paint, tinted windows, debadged, lowered and a non OEM front grill.

This was all I could see as I passed by them while they were waiting to turn. I figure it's got to be someone on the board.

Does this car sound like anyone who might be in the Mississauga area? If so, nice work. Car looks sweet.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Black, tinted Toronto V50 here, but the rest of the description doesn't match so it wasn't me.
I haven't see too many other black V50's around (or any colour for that matter, we're pretty rare).

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Black was the colour I wanted and the colour I had. My black V50 died a sudden mechanical death on the very first day. The dealership replaced it with a shiny silver V50 with a bunch of upgrades. Great deal but secretly I still would like a black V50.

The only place I know of to get cheap parts is Hamilton corner in Guelph.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Re: (Jeremy Nathan)

Hamilton corner in Guelph... is that the small volvo junk yard south on Gordon street? (half looks like a junk yard anyways, very cool still).

As for cheap parts, have you guys ever looked into ads like this http://toronto.en.craigslist.c....html on craigslist for oil filters? Buy a whole case in bulk? It would be good if anyone wanted to split one.

I'm curious to hear how your V50 died on day one?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's the one. Nice work. Makes me jealous that you have the all black. Good to know there are a few others in the neighbourhood.

My first V50 was a disaster. I found a black V50 on a tan interior that I loved. I picked it up at 5:30 from the dealer then drove to Burlington. Got back in at 8:30 and the engine light came on. Took it back the next morning for service. 2.5 hours later it was back and they said it was a firmware issue, nothing to worry about. 20 minutes after I left the oil light came on. I was pissed. Took it back and two more hours went by and they were keeping my car for the weekend to wait for some parts.

Tuesday morning of the next week I got a call that there was something fundamentally wrong with the engine and they would not be giving the car back. i could either have all my money back and they would cover any penalties or I could have another V50 (the silver one I have now) with a whole bunch of upgrades for free.

Good deal and I was happy they took good care of me. Secretly I miss having a black car but silver is growing on me.

Rod, what rims are those? one of few I've seen that I like on the V50.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Richmond Hill, silver S40 t5
[/URL][/IMG]

Modified by zubilius at 5:18 PM 6-1-2009

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
Re: Toronto area members? (rodlentino)

Quote, originally posted by rodlentino »
O, hai!

Looks nice Rod. And yeah I'm living in Milton now too.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
since there are a few members in the area, I figured this is a good place to ask. Any good mechanics around to recommend? I'm due for an oil change and check up.

Since I'm out of warranty there's no point in getting hosed at the dealership.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.