SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,357 Posts
Re: Top Engine Mount (Calvert)

Just means it's time to replace it.<p>Get a replacement from <A HREF="http://www.ipdusa.com" TARGET="_blank">IPD</A>. It's a 2-piece poly design so it's easier to install and will last longer.<br>

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Re: Top Engine Mount (Volvo Grrrr)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>Volvo Grrrr</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Just means it's time to replace it.<p>Get a replacement from <A HREF="http://www.ipdusa.com" TARGET="_blank">IPD</A>. It's a 2-piece poly design so it's easier to install and will last longer.<br></TD></TR></TABLE><br>Careful with those. On an automatic car they can/do vibrate a bit at idle. otherwise it's good for a lifetime

·
Premium Member
3,357 Posts
Re: Top Engine Mount (JRL)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>JRL</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"><br>Careful with those. On an automatic car they can/do vibrate a bit at idle. otherwise it's good for a lifetime</TD></TR></TABLE><p>You know, I forgot about that. Mine does vibrate a bit more at idle since I installed the IPD mount. I've forgotten so used to it that I forgot about it. <br>

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Help me better understand. Is the play in my top mount normal and I should take no further action or....<p>Thanks

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Re: (Calvert)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>Calvert</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Help me better understand. Is the play in my top mount normal and I should take no further action or....<p>Thanks</TD></TR></TABLE><br>No, needs replacement with one of them, either stock or a poly one

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Re: (polizei)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>polizei</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">how do you replace it, do you remove the mount bracket and press it out and press a new one in?</TD></TR></TABLE><br>Not as easy as all that.<br>If you go with a poly aftermarket you can do it yourself, the factory one needs a special tool (dealer).<br>Just remember a poly bushing is lifetime, but it WILL vibrate a bit at idle

·
Registered
7,737 Posts
Hack saw it out...I did mine in 5 minutes. Just be careful not to saw through the metal ring. You'll need that to insert the poly bushing into.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts