SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
10. The xc90 gets poor gas mileage. (what did you expect? It weighs 4500 lbs.)
9. Not enough leg room in the third row. (It's a mid-sized SUV! If you want legroom for your kids get a large SUV.)
8.The xc90 has a terrible ride. ????????
7. The xc90 doesn't have enough cargo space.
6. The Buick Enclave is more luxurious.
5. Reving the 3.2 engine to get the torque you need will give you pancreatic cancer (or something)
4. The Subaru Tribeca has a better ride.
3. The 2.5T xc90 doesn't have enough power.
2. I can drive my T6 xc90 in a way that will preserve the transmission.
1. And finally, the silliest thing seen on the internet about the xc90---The v8 xc90 doesn't have enough power!

Additions or Deletions on the above list welcomed.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
don't forget, the XC90 is not tough enough for Chuck Norris.

P

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
don't forget, the XC90 is not tough enough for Chuck Norris.

P
I'm just glad Chuck Norris allows the XC90 to exist on the planet with him.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I'm glad he doesn't kill everyone who has one !!

Best,

P

·
Registered
40 Posts
That replacing the timing belt, idler, and tensioner is not "too bad" on a T6.

(maybe true if you have hands the size of a 2 year old)

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That replacing the timing belt, idler, and tensioner is not "too bad" on a T6.

(maybe true if you have hands the size of a 2 year old)
Thanks for the addition. I'm sure a lot of people have seen funnier things on the internet about the XC90 than in my top 10 list.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Tostik,

Your #6 makes me laugh..................................................

"6. The Buick Enclave is more luxurious."

for the customer who thinks the Buick Enclave is the better deal......................here ya go sport, step right up and take the keys, this is one magnificent road car, Buick has a long history of building cars that rust off the frame before the motor quits running.......and this one will too.......lol, but just don't hit a dog in one.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Tostik,

Your #6 makes me laugh..................................................

"6. The Buick Enclave is more luxurious."

for the customer who thinks the Buick Enclave is the better deal......................here ya go sport, step right up and take the keys, this is one magnificent road car, Buick has a long history of building cars that rust off the frame before the motor quits running.......and this one will too.......lol, but just don't hit a dog in one.
I saw that one in an Edmunds expert review on the XC90.

·
Registered
668 Posts
There is never enough power
Well I have not been able to get mine to spin the tires, therefor it does not have enough power. ;-)

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Well I have not been able to get mine to spin the tires, therefor it does not have enough power. ;-)
Spin Control on the DSTC system? And I think Haldex will start distributing power to the rear wheels when under hard acceleration.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
One thing about the DSC..........off topic as it is...........if you ever need to spin the tires, as in a necessary blast up a steep hill covered with ice and you don't want to be caught halfway up and slide uncontrollably backwards, turn off the DSC and burn those tires. Otherwise halfway up the DSC will literally shut you down. Been there, done that, thankfully the backward slide did not encounter any trees.

best,

P

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
One thing about the DSC..........off topic as it is...........if you ever need to spin the tires, as in a necessary blast up a steep hill covered with ice and you don't want to be caught halfway up and slide uncontrollably backwards, turn off the DSC and burn those tires. Otherwise halfway up the DSC will literally shut you down. Been there, done that, thankfully the backward slide did not encounter any trees.

best,

P
Staying off topic, Volvo does recommend turning Spin Control off under certain poor traction conditions. But Spin Control is only one of four functions of the DSTC----and it's the only one you can turn off. Traction Control, Roll Stability Control, and Active Yaw Control cannot be turned off. A lot of people confuse Spin Control with Traction Control.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Okay here is another one for your 10 funniest..........

"Volvo hasn't changed that model in 9 years............."

(of course we Volvo owners love it........any car able to stand tall for that long may end up in the National Museum of Modern Art......) I am still quite astounded that Volvo was able to pull such a coup with this design that long ago. We see these cars parked in front of some of the most expensive mansions and estates in the country, here in the Mid-South and in places like LaJolla, so even when money is apparently no object, people do recognize quality, great ergonomics, and overall great design. For what it is........the Volvo XC90 is one of the alltime greats. It never tried to be a Cayenne, thankfully.

P

·
Registered
668 Posts
Oh is that what that silly button does? :facepalm: Next time I will read the manual.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Okay here is another one for your 10 funniest..........

"Volvo hasn't changed that model in 9 years............."

(of course we Volvo owners love it........any car able to stand tall for that long may end up in the National Museum of Modern Art......) I am still quite astounded that Volvo was able to pull such a coup with this design that long ago. We see these cars parked in front of some of the most expensive mansions and estates in the country, here in the Mid-South and in places like LaJolla, so even when money is apparently no object, people do recognize quality, great ergonomics, and overall great design. For what it is........the Volvo XC90 is one of the alltime greats. It never tried to be a Cayenne, thankfully.

P
Like most people on this part of the forum, I agree with you completely. The more modern designs range from poor to awful. The worst by far is the Cadillac SRX, with it's atrocious front grill and headlights. One stuck it's nose close to where my wife and I were eating one day, and I nearly broke out laughing at how awful it looked. I thought they should replace the Cadillac badging, in the center of the grill, to an emblem that had thunderbolts or rockets on it--or something.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Oh is that what that silly button does? :facepalm: Next time I will read the manual.
It took me 2 years of ownership to finally read the owners manual on the DSTC. But it is amazing how much misinformation there is on the internet about this topic--and it's pretty simple, laid out in black and white in the manual. I did have to use some outside sources on differentials and why Traction Control is needed, and how Traction Control works in order to 'flesh-out' the manual.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts