SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took the plunge and just bought a 2004 V70R. Black with blue leather interior (I know - there is a proper name for the blue...). 98000 miles, new brakes, timing belt and a few suspension items. Bought it from a local specialty shop - The Swedish Pit - here in Vermont who have done work on my other car (99 V70 GLT - For sale cheap if anyone knows someone who is looking).

Any advice about things I should be aware of or eccentricities to watch?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Chris

·
Registered
407 Posts

·
Registered
4,267 Posts
Nordkap - that's the blue interior

At that mileage and age and depending on how well the previous owner kept up with oil changes, I'd say it's worthwhile to check the health of the PCV system. It's a hidden failure with no symptoms until you start leaking oil -> not good.

Search for the PCV glove test, it's fast and easy.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Some R culture for you: the exterior paints were Black Sapphire; Titanium; Passion Red; and the exclusive R color for 2004 is Flash Green (very rare). The interior leathers are named after the colors of their respective deserts: Norcap (above the artic circle); Gobi; and Atacama. In later years more exterior paints were added: magic blue; and the exclusive Sonic Blue. The cars are expensive to own now because after 10+ years and 100k + miles things are wearing out and breaking down. The wagon is unique -- well worth the effort to maintain and restore.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts