SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

· Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Met a buddy at a carwash tonight... his 242 is the one Im going to MS.

first mah whip

and my buddies 242ti... it is SUPER clean! Absolutley perfect interior!

Oh I finally found a restaurant named after me

doug

· Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Took some new pics of the T5R (steve s)

Quote, originally posted by lax01 »
you should put your V1 higher up on your windshield...you get too many reflections off the hood when you have it low on your windshield...as always, jealous

Quote, originally posted by steve s »
nah, wire it up the a-pillar and clip it to the visor.

<-- lazy as hell. Plus it constantly gets moved between the 2 cars (and trucks at work ect).

In Seattle I dont even turn the damn thing on. Stupid door sensors

· Registered
2,689 Posts
Re: Took some new pics of the T5R (doug242ti)

Quote, originally posted by doug242ti »
<-- lazy as hell. Plus it constantly gets moved between the 2 cars (and trucks at work ect).

In Seattle I dont even turn the damn thing on. Stupid door sensors

Put it in Auto-Logic...mean doesn't detect half as many of the automagic doors when its in that mode...

· Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Took some new pics of the T5R (lax01)

Put it in Auto-Logic...mean doesn't detect half as many of the automagic doors when its in that mode...

It is. Every 2 feet on 99 (by my house) there is a door sensor. It goes insane.

· Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Took some new pics of the T5R (lax01)

haha that sucks...

Its cool. These f'ing Seattle drivers drive so slow I dont know why they even bother to patrol the streets :lol:

· Registered
636 Posts
There isnt many places in WA ( Seattle, Everett, Linwood, Shorline, etc..) that you can really stretch your cars legs.

I used to live in Everett off the Boeing fwy. Doug, aint much use having a radar detector there. The sensors on the doors make it crazy just like you said. I just put mine in the golve box and besides... the bloody traffic is everywhere.

· Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: (DVolvoguy777)

Quote, originally posted by DVolvoguy777 »
There isnt many places in WA ( Seattle, Everett, Linwood, Shorline, etc..) that you can really stretch your cars legs.

I used to live in Everett off the Boeing fwy. Doug, aint much use having a radar detector there. The sensors on the doors make it crazy just like you said. I just put mine in the golve box and besides... the bloody traffic is everywhere.

Yep I hear ya man. You know whats insane? People drive faster up my street and in parking lots than on the damn main roads.

· Registered
636 Posts
Doug,

Have you been up Hwy 99 ( Evergreen hwy) through Edmonds yet around 5 pm? I know for which you speak!

Nother thing. Will "R" Calipers fit in the standard 850T5 rims? ( I have a 97 855T5 with 16" rims) I would like to get a set if they do. I know that most of the pegs or volans come 17". I can't afford Stoptechs or Porche calipers and rotors yet.

· Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Doug,

Have you been up Hwy 99 ( Evergreen hwy) through Edmonds yet around 5 pm? I know for which you speak!

Nother thing. Will "R" Calipers fit in the standard 850T5 rims? ( I have a 97 855T5 with 16" rims) I would like to get a set if they do. I know that most of the pegs or volans come 17". I can't afford Stoptechs or Porche calipers and rotors yet.

850R calipers? Those are the same as any 850.

The S60R calipers/discs on the rear require 17's and spacers (about 5mm), and there is no way to convert the front hubs to work with s60R calipers.

· Premium Member
5,811 Posts
Re: (doug242ti)

850R calipers? Those are the same as any 850.

The S60R calipers/discs on the rear require 17's and spacers (about 5mm), and there is no way to convert the front hubs to work with s60R calipers.
Actually, there are several guys on TPC runing S60R calipers on the 850s..

· Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: (gdogg16)

Quote, originally posted by gdogg16 »
Actually, there are several guys on TPC runing S60R calipers on the 850s..

Guess I should have qualified it with afaik. Im not on TPC very often.

I can see everyones concerns who has tried, very little meat on that adapter. I don't think I'll be jumping inline to use the same setup on mine.

· Registered
636 Posts
The stock 850s I have seen have four piston calipers in front. They are painted or powder coated grey or metalic grey with the R painted on them. Those are the calipers that I am talking about.

Doug you got the all mighty Stoptechs on your car. Ifn I had them I would not even have mentioned the calipers I have. My child support dictates what mods go on my car. That is an option that I may be able to use for me, an inexpensive alternitive.

Your car looks grate btw. I am still breathing hard for your dyno slip too!

· Premium Member
5,811 Posts
Re: (doug242ti)

Guess I should have qualified it with afaik. Im not on TPC very often.

I can see everyones concerns who has tried, very little meat on that adapter. I don't think I'll be jumping inline to use the same setup on mine.
if they made it out of steel, should be fine.

· Registered
233 Posts

The stock 850s I have seen have four piston calipers in front. They are painted or powder coated grey or metalic grey with the R painted on them. Those are the calipers that I am talking about.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.