SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Engine light comes on midway through my drive back from work. I scanned with my ODB2 tool and it returns code P2096 "post catalyst fuel trim system too lean" and P219A00: "Bank 1 air fuel ratio imbalance"

These are the dealership's summary notes on what was performed on the car. "As per TJ 30449, performed an ecm upgrade for the following fault codes. Erased codes. Road tested vehicle. No codes after repair."

After the upgrade, the car seems to jump when i release my foot off of the brakes.

Can anyone shed some light on what happened exactly?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Not sure exactly what that is but my dealer asked me to come in for tj30449 and the explanation was that it's an ecm software update to avoid possible check engine light.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Sorry to bump an old thread, but mine does that too (after the same update to fix the engine light). I'm resigned to getting used to it, but I'm wondering if you followed up with the dealer?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Time will tell as sometimes the CEL may not come back for a few days until it is triggered again. Sometimes it could be as many as 100 miles that it comes back.
Honestly, I wouldn't consider this resolved until you go a week without a re-triggered lights. It's the standard first step for dealers these days, update software (hoping that helps) and send you on your way. But that doesn't necessarily mean it properly resolved the issue.
Keep us updated

·
Registered
26 Posts
As an update, after driving the car for some miles with the new ECM software, the jumping when throttle on idle seems to stop. I think what happens is that updating the ECM causes all the learned parameters in the engine to get erased, and so the software takes awhile to re-adapt to driving conditions and machinery wear level, etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts