SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I realize half of the individuals on this forum right now are eagerly awaiting their XC90's on order. Here is a glimpse into the timeline of how my wife and I arrived at the Volvo XC90. The car is sold at sticker (pre-price increase) which is still significantly less than a comparable Q7, GL or GX which we had considered. My only regret now.... I wish we had acted a few months earlier and placed an OSD order prior to the cutoff on May 28.

Configuration:
XC90 T6 AWD ICE WHITE & AMBER INTERIOR
Momentum Plus
Convenience Package
BLIS
HUD
Stainless Bumper Cover
Mud Flaps
234 Matt Tech 20" Wheel
Destination

6/29: Preordered & Deposit. We ordered without test driving.... a first for me. We did however spend an hour at the dealer crawling thru a FE in their showroom.
6/29: Order confirmed as US #50XX (I missed order #5000 by just a few hours)
7/2: Sales manager confirmed order dates as 9/9 being in port and 9/25 being at the dealer. LDOC=7/30
7/29: Wife asked for 2 changes (I cross my fingers that doesn't scew things up. HUD Added & Paint Changed to Ice White from Crystal Pearl)
8/1: Finally test drove the XC and experienced my first encounter with Intellisafe
8/2: Changes confirmed and dealer delivery bumped up to 9/24
8/25: VIN and Volvo system order status- Factory Complete
8/25: Wallenius Wilhelmsen Booked
9/3: Loaded on Vessel from Gothenburg to Zeebrugge BE
9/5: Offloaded & Delivered in Zeebrugge
9/10: Loaded on Vessel in Zeebrugge to Baltimore (WWL Talisman Ro/Ro).... the next day the Sales Manager informs me the XC has a LOVE status (Loaded on Vessel)
9/17: Customs Release
9/20: Discharged in Baltimore
9/21: Liner Release.... Sales Manager emails me again informing me the XC is on US soil but needs port processing for accessories (We ordered mudflaps & rear bumper protection trim) as well as monroney label.
9/25: COFT as per our Sales Manager
9/28-29: Delivered at some point after the dealer closed Monday night
9/29: Sales manager emailed me pick first thing in the morning & picked up the last night car!!!!!

(My 15 month y/o daughter loved circling the new Volvo's in the showroom while my wife got the Sensus rundown)

The car arrived at the dealer 4 days after the delivery estimate (not terrible for a car built to order). Keep in mind the car is being delivered 92 days after the order. Volvo has done an awesome job with the XC and we are thrilled to have one now. The process really depends on your dealer and sales individual. It would be huge if Volvo offered the same insight MINI, BMW, and even GM offered thru the entire process with web-tracking. Its a black hole if you don't have a proactive sales individual here.

I'll keep a few updated coming but I know everyone wants to see a few photos. Give me a few weeks and I'll add my driving impressions comments as well.
-Skål (Cheers!)

·
Registered
113 Posts
I'm curious about how a comparable Q7 is significantly more? You probably paid about $58,000. When I price out a current Q7 the best I can, it comes out to about $59k?

·
Registered
541 Posts
Congrats! Great color choice ;). My only wish is that I had your wheels instead of mine.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Congratulations! Good luck with your new XC90. Lehman Volvo is a great store.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Congrats!!!:) I recognize the parking lot where the pictures were taken. I will HOPEFULLY be taking delivery late next week or early the following week.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Beautiful car (and daughter). Aren't those the Inscription/R-design tail pipes, or do all US trims get those?

·
Registered
702 Posts
All US trims (even plain Momentum) get this.
sweet! i test drove an Inscription at my dealer but assumed I'd get the standard tailpipes on my M+ based on the online build.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
cdauerer & nomorea3tdi +1 for Lehman. Dan, Matt & Mary are all great. I live in the DC/Baltimore corridor and have 5 Volvo dealers closer to home.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Congrats, and thanks for the detailed rundown!

·
Registered
26 Posts
congrats, cute little girl!

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Congrats! Clearly everyone was excited, including your daughter! :thumbup:

·
Registered
106 Posts
Congrats on finally taking delivery; good luck and enjoy it! Thanks for the write-up with dates - it helps for those of us still waiting.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Congratulations skybolt! The car looks amazing and your daughter is cute.

We ordered our Momemtum as well in early September with a December delivery here in Atlanta, GA.

Configuration:
XC90 T6 AWD Ice White
Blonde Leather with Blonde Interior
Birchwood Inlays with wood steering wheel
Convenience Package
BLIS
Air Suspension
Stainless Bumper Cover

We have always bought Japanese cars - Toyota, Infiniti, Lexus (2 of them). We are really looking forward to the "upgrade" to Volvo and cannot wait for December.

We used to buy charcoal or black interior and moved to amber interior. The biggest change has been the perception of "space". We saw that lighter interiors although are harder to maintain, feel more spacious. Can anyone with blonde leather with blonde interior comment on what your experience has been?

Any tips that anyone can share on how you to wait for car would be awesome.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Congratulations skybolt! The car looks amazing and your daughter is cute.

We ordered our Momemtum as well in early September with a December delivery here in Atlanta, GA.

Configuration:
XC90 T6 AWD Ice White
Blonde Leather with Blonde Interior
Birchwood Inlays with wood steering wheel
Convenience Package
BLIS
Air Suspension
Stainless Bumper Cover

We have always bought Japanese cars - Toyota, Infiniti, Lexus (2 of them). We are really looking forward to the "upgrade" to Volvo and cannot wait for December.

We used to buy charcoal or black interior and moved to amber interior. The biggest change has been the perception of "space". We saw that lighter interiors although are harder to maintain, feel more spacious. Can anyone with blonde leather with blonde interior comment on what your experience has been?

Any tips that anyone can share on how you to wait for car would be awesome.
mate I work at a dealer and the big thing with the light carpet is keeping it clean as you notice the marks. Put a protection on the carpet or I have had a few customers get the dark all weather mats which look good as the dark matches with the dark on top of doors and dash. Will hide the marks alot better.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts