SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For reference, he has a '14 991 C2 and a '15 Q5. He was taken aback by the way the wagon hustles, commenting numerous times about the velocity with which it gets moving. In addition, he was shocked by the handling, braking and grip it affords when booking through the back roads. Praise aside, he then went on to make an odd comment about not understanding the application for a vehicle like the P*, nor how there could be any demand for it.

My response was, "it's a wagon that hauls ass, grips the road like your C2 and brakes like a champ. what is there to understand beyond F*CK YES?"

:D

·
Registered
571 Posts
F*K YA! Is right! Hahahaa.

Even tho I have 4 vehicles, and I imagine many shoppers/owners in this price range keep more than one vehicle per household driver .... I'd answer the question as the V60 polestar is the perfect answer to any household needing a 1 car solution. Which I am planning to be in a few years.

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
The P* is my only car and it serves the purpose well. I have considered picking up a 2nd car multiple times but always talk myself out of it. My lack of extra garage space and the fact that I just wouldn't pass on driving the P* makes me feel that it is unnecessary to get any additional cars. It fits all of my utility needs and covers all of my "fun" needs. The only thing I would consider getting would be a track specific car if I wanted to seriously consider spending enough time at a track, but as I have never even driven on a track, that is not going to happen any time soon. I'm pretty set that I am not going to be bringing the P* onto any tracks, so that is the only situation where I see room for another vehicle.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Same here. Altough realized at the track that the Polestar cant cover my sport needs. Definitely need to get a rwd mid engine car.

Probably going for a Cayman R next year and passing on the Polestar to the misses (she will get it anyway once we have children)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Same here. Altough realized at the track that the Polestar cant cover my sport needs. Definitely need to get a rwd mid engine car.

Probably going for a Cayman R next year and passing on the Polestar to the misses (she will get it anyway once we have children)
The polestar forms a perfect complement to a 2 seater sportscar, especially one that can do something it can't - aka drop the roof.

My perfect 2 car garage

Fast good sized comfortable good handling awd auto estate.
2 seat purpose built convertible, quick, small, manual, brilliant handling.

So that's a p* and a Honda S2000 for me, though a boxster would be a great alternative.

S.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Why Cayman R over a GT4? M2 is also fun. My dad had an '03 S2000, so original engine but glass back window. That car was so much fun. It was like a motorcycle on 4 wheels. Under 6k rpm was nice and calm, but between 6k and the 9k redline, that thing screamed. It definitely wasn't the fastest car which is why a lot of people threw Superchargers on them, but I enjoyed throwing it around. Great short shifter.

·
Registered
81 Posts
The polestar forms a perfect complement to a 2 seater sportscar, especially one that can do something it can't - aka drop the roof.

My perfect 2 car garage

Fast good sized comfortable good handling awd auto estate.
2 seat purpose built convertible, quick, small, manual, brilliant handling.

So that's a p* and a Honda S2000 for me, though a boxster would be a great alternative.

S.
That is very close to what I did!

Volvo S60 R-Design (I know no Polestar... just a lowly R-Design): Fast, quiet, comfortable highway cruiser and daily driver that is perfect for Wisconsin winters that can hold four people.
Lotus Exige S: Two seats, loud, brilliant handling, half the weight of the R-Design, manual transmission, even faster than the Volvo, and surprisingly, even more unique than the Volvo!

In my opinion they compliment each other perfectly!

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
No question there. The Audi is heavy, awd, nothing for track use. Cayman is light, super agile and brilliant handling.

Used Cayman R here in Europe ~ 60k vs. new GT4 130k
I get it, but it sounded like this would be your daily driver as well. The Cayman R isn't a great daily driver. Things can be done to the R8 to make it a ton of fun on the track and it's an amazing everyday car.

There also this Cayman R for track use, http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...t=[POR[CAYMAN[]][]]&listingId=412768128&Log=0

Cheaper than the GT4 ClubSport just announced ($165k).

·
Registered
571 Posts
No question there. The Audi is heavy, awd, nothing for track use. Cayman is light, super agile and brilliant handling.

Used Cayman R here in Europe ~ 60k vs. new GT4 130k
Hmm, that reminds me of something... (grin, I can't help myself) Yes the one other than the R8 is a 911, not Cayman. But this still comes to mind, thanks to Top Gear.

P.s. I think the R8 won this little Top Gear comparo...

·
Registered
950 Posts
I get it, but it sounded like this would be your daily driver as well. The Cayman R isn't a great daily driver. Things can be done to the R8 to make it a ton of fun on the track and it's an amazing everyday car.

There also this Cayman R for track use, http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...t=[POR[CAYMAN[]][]]&listingId=412768128&Log=0

Cheaper than the GT4 ClubSport just announced ($165k).

Got you. But Cayman R would work as a DD (at least thats what different owners say) , only problem will be heavy snow. Go to work by bus, so I could work around that problem.

Considered also the Exige S V6, but this really wouldnt work as a DD.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Got you. But Cayman R would work as a DD (at least thats what different owners say) , only problem will be heavy snow. Go to work by bus, so I could work around that problem.

Lotus Evora? The 400 looks to be pretty nice!

·
Registered
3,665 Posts

Cayman GTS is also a good middle ground. Great daily driver and will be tons of fun on the track. Not as "hardcore" as the R, but very capable on the track and better on the road.

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
My response was, "it's a wagon that hauls ass, grips the road like your C2 and brakes like a champ. what is there to understand beyond F*CK YES?"

This reply is all the money!! :thumbup:

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
I'm pretty set that I am not going to be bringing the P* onto any tracks, so that is the only situation where I see room for another vehicle.
Why not? Don't want to deal with the extra wear and tear?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts