SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had snows taken off and summer tires put back on my wife's S60. <p>Had the job done at the dealer and was surprised to see that when they balanced the wheels, they hammered the lead weights on the outside of the rims. <p>Looks bad in my opinion and I haven't seen this done on any of my vehicles. Weights are usually on the inner side of the rim or the stick-on square weights were used hidden inside the wheel. <p>On the outside it looks lousy, not to mention it scratches the rim and corrodes easy. Not impressed, neither is my wife. Are we being too picky?

·
Registered
16,971 Posts
I would take it back and have them put them on the inside. <p>? I would of kicked some ass if someone would of done that on the wheels I just got back from the PC lol

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Ya it depends on what type of wheel and lip you have to weather they put stickies or clamped weights<p>I asked for stick on weights and I just happened to look back there while they were doing my wheels to see the kid pounding the weights on with a nice big brass hammer!!, Man I was mad. but I complained and they fixed the problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts