SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I see this little yellow slip on my window (thinking it may be a discount off for air duct cleaning services or whatever) but lo and behold, a parking ticket at an expired meter for $26.00.

No biggie, whatever... after closer examination, right model vehicle - check! Valid tag - check! Model listed - nope! Licence plate - WRONG!

The error is one digit off, typed in as a "0" it should have been an "8" - easy, that's a toss in the garbage bin and walk away, right?

There's no NEW CSI department at the local by-law office I gather - figure they'll run the info on the wrong Ontario plate, send a reminder notice of the new fine amount to some person likely in Manitoulin Island or something and they'll have to deal with it. Regardless, it ain't mah plate on the ticket! :D

Experiences? Pay :thumbdown: or toss away? :thumbup:

·
Registered
271 Posts
lol, im a **** disturber.... so id find a local parking official and place the ticket on his car haha

but if you are of a "good hearted" nature... id walk into the parking ticket pffice and show them your ticket, and the information... who knows, they might let u off

·
Registered
5,848 Posts
I'm not sure about CA but you should be able to look it up online to pay. That way you will make sure the plate number is wrong and not just a print error on the ticket.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I would just pay it. Doesn't go on your record and it sounds like you were in the wrong anyway.

I have witnessed in court, first hand...the judge handing out the ticket to a person who claimed the info was wrong on the ticket.
The person said it was a D when it should have been a B or something and the judge asked if it "could" have been the same...they said yes. He said well there's your ticket. Pay up.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would just pay it. Doesn't go on your record and it sounds like you were in the wrong anyway.

I have witnessed in court, first hand...the judge handing out the ticket to a person who claimed the info was wrong on the ticket.
The person said it was a D when it should have been a B or something and the judge asked if it "could" have been the same...they said yes. He said well there's your ticket. Pay up.
Thought the MTO would impose a suspension on your license for any un-paid fines... or was it all tacked on when your up for vehicle plate renewal?

Rrrregadless, and yes... the fine is paid! ;-p

·
Registered
159 Posts
RE: Licence plate - WRONG!

If there is an ERROR on the ticket, it is INVALID.
Personally I would NOT pay, but that's just me. (Stingy Asian female.)
$26 = 2 Heico door pins (LOL)

·
Registered
520 Posts
If they got the plate wrong, then MTO doesn't have a name or address to go with said plate.
I'm all for honesty (honestly), but if they got the plate wrong...
If it was a traffic violation and the cop got your info and gave you a ticket, but got the plate wrong - that's a different story.
Chuck it.
But if I'm called to testify, I'm rattin' you out! :)

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
There's no NEW CSI department at the local by-law office I gather - figure they'll run the info on the wrong Ontario plate, send a reminder notice of the new fine amount to some person likely in Manitoulin Island or something and they'll have to deal with it. Regardless, it ain't mah plate on the ticket! :D

Experiences? Pay :thumbdown: or toss away? :thumbup:
So some guy is going to renew his plate and get denied and have to pay YOUR fine to be able to drive his car?

Depends if you want to screw that guy or not I guess.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So some guy is going to renew his plate and get denied and have to pay YOUR fine to be able to drive his car?

Depends if you want to screw that guy or not I guess.
I just did -- you'll have my ticket with in a few days! Thanks, Robert!

An update on the topic, a descrepancy on a ticket (as in my example) will be tossed IF you can provide proof the ticketing officer made an error. What should have been an 807 was typed in as 007 by the officer. The error resulted in a "null" fine by the city.

There's a decent thread on the RFD forums about parking tickets, if you do get a ticket, read up what to look out for and pay close attention to the details on what was listed on the slip... you just might get a break!

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
error on ticket means invalid ticket.
no need to pay.
I have been blessed with only on so far in life.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts