SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK friends, I just got my new personalized license tag for my XC60. Much to my surprise, apparently it's a little "too clever" for some people...so far only about half of the people I've asked actually "get" it.

So...do you?? (IMPORTANT: Please do NOT post the spoiler/solution...just post that you "get it" or not, and what you think of it. I can also handle if you think it's totally corny...that was my wife's feedback. :) )

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Not that clever

Got it pretty quickly. Love the Seashell on the 60.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Got it

·
Registered
24 Posts
Although English is not my native language, this one is pretty easy to get.... well done!

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I figured this forum would get it fairly quickly. I need smarter real-life friends. :D

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
I figured this forum would get it fairly quickly. I need smarter real-life friends. :D
I have all sorts of trouble explaining my 10sCoach moniker out here in Austin. In Atlanta, you see 10sPro, 10sNE1, NE1410s all over the place. I would possibly 'steal' your tag and create a RDX L NT tag, but Texas wants $55 each year on top of renewal for specialty tags. Boo hiss.

That sure is a good lookin' vehicle, but I'd have to recover that wiper arm to a square 9 o'clock position :) .

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I have all sorts of trouble explaining my 10sCoach moniker out here in Austin. In Atlanta, you see 10sPro, 10sNE1, NE1410s all over the place. I would possibly 'steal' your tag and create a RDX L NT tag, but Texas wants $55 each year on top of renewal for specialty tags. Boo hiss.

That sure is a good lookin' vehicle, but I'd have to recover that wiper arm to a square 9 o'clock position :) .
Good point re the wiper arm...I just went outside and adjusted it. Not quite sure how it ended up down there. ;) And I'm paying MS $31 a year extra for this privilege, but what the heck. :)

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
Easy to understand...

·
Registered
365 Posts
I need smarter real-life friends. :D
Tru 'dat.

I had a pal (in my BMW 740 forum) with a plate that read "20til8" - which meant "740". Even several forum members struggled to get it. Yours, however, is simple and clever. Kudos.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Tru 'dat.

I had a pal (in my BMW 740 forum) with a plate that read "20til8" - which meant "740". Even several forum members struggled to get it. Yours, however, is simple and clever. Kudos.
I would have struggled with that Beemer puzzle plate as well, I must admit.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I should have clarified, that even after it was explained, they still struggled. LOL.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
drat19 said:
I should have clarified, that even after it was explained, they still struggled. LOL.
No, I DID get it by that point. I'm dumb but not completely clueless. :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Got it!

Took me a minute, finally I got it! That's really cool thinking!

OK friends, I just got my new personalized license tag for my XC60. Much to my surprise, apparently it's a little "too clever" for some people...so far only about half of the people I've asked actually "get" it.

So...do you?? (IMPORTANT: Please do NOT post the spoiler/solution...just post that you "get it" or not, and what you think of it. I can also handle if you think it's totally corny...that was my wife's feedback. :) )

·
Registered
134 Posts
Tru 'dat.

Who 'dat saying tru 'dat??? HA!

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
Every time I look at that picture I hear Montgomery Burns' (from "The Simpsons") in my head...

·
Registered
79 Posts
OK I got the BMW one but have been fussed about this for a few days. Asked my wife, it took her less than a second... good grief...

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
OK I got the BMW one but have been fussed about this for a few days. Asked my wife, it took her less than a second... good grief...
Not sure if I should be disappointed or flattered by that... :D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts