SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Have them. Used them. The connectors still suck :)
You are speaking of the metal clips that are better secured with a zip tie over top so they don't come loose. I do prefer them over the green plastic inserts in the later P80s.

The plastic ones are way more delicate and some just don't have much tension when snapped in to the line.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
You are speaking of the metal clips that are better secured with a zip tie over top so they don't come loose.
There was a hose clamp on the old radiator on top and a zip tie on the bottom.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Oh I was commenting that the connectors will be good to go....although hopefully the trans will be, too.
Yeah, I was wondering how much damage could be done with a three block trail of fluid and fluid still coming out after the car was stopped.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #44 (Edited)
Car is back from the shop and it took three quarts of trans fluid. They had ordered four clips from Volvo and installed them, but put new hose clamps on also (he said just in case). I made them add a note to the invoice as to what had happened just in case I need backup in a future situation. Hope THIS doesn't happen again.

Attachments

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Anyone have any advice on changing the upper torque mount bushing?

·
Registered
15,365 Posts
Anyone have any advice on changing the upper torque mount bushing?
Remove the arm from the car to make it easier to press the new one in. If you don't have something good to press the bushings with, it might be more efficient to take it to any nearby machine shop if you have such a thing nearby. I did mine in the car with a bunch of C clamps in my T-5R (there's probably pics of that a couple years back in the thread) and found that to be rather annoying, but it does work if you don't have any better alternatives.

I've also seen people make DIY presses out of some PVC pipes and a bolt.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #47 (Edited)
Finally got out today to replace the heater core, coolant tank and a few hoses. The core had a lot of debris around the bottom. I thought I had sucked out all of the coolant, but there was still a little left in the core. Strange thing happened when I started the car and got it up to temp, it wasn't blowing hot air from the vents. Turned the car off for a while and let it sit and the coolant showed low in the coolant tank. Started the car again and heat started blowing from the vents! Topped it off and went for a drive and surprisingly nothing blew up. Next step is taking it to a different shop that worked on my other Volvo other than the one that did the radiator (overpriced) for a timing belt and water pump kit.

Attachments

41 - 48 of 48 Posts