SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I have a curious specimen here that I need some help from you guys that know your R's. I have been actively looking for an R I found one for sale that is throwing up some flags and questions in my head.

First off it is listed as an 08 which I know to not be true unless of course I'm wrong. Also, the seats are not from any R I've seen before which has me questioning them as well. They seem to be the standard S60 seats. Also interested in the dash and everything else because all the R's I've seen have a black dash. I could be completely mistake in all of these but I wanted to ask the experts before I even entertain purchasing the car.

Just looking for somebody to shed some light on this and expand my R knowledge if nothing else.

The car was in a supposedly minor accident with damage to the front passenger side and was repaired professionally etc...

-Jake

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
The engine mount looked funny the dash is not right and a few toher things are off I think its throw togeather and would not buy it the exhaust could be custom but who knows.

·
Premium Member
10,797 Posts
Ya it looks like an interior swap?

Flood damage and replaced interior?

That's really weird

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's kinda what I'm thinkin. Flood car that they threw the wrong interior in or something. The exhaust is custom and apparently it's a 2 owner car so maybe the original owner is on here and will chime in on to what actually happened to it. Either way I'm leanin towards a definite no but figured I would throw this to you guys anyways.

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
Do not buy that frankenstein R find a real clean one my opinnion GL. It has the 4c black vents in the middle but wood grain vents on the outside also.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Do not buy that frankenstein R find a real clean one my opinnion GL. It has the 4c black vents in the middle but wood grain vents on the outside also.
Didn't notice that actually good call. I wonder if those 4C buttons go anywhere haha. I will continue the hunt for the right R.

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts
Could be a frontal collision that involved a needed engine swap on a base S60. Found a donor S60 R with rear end damage, and decided to swap in the parts. Didn't do an entire interior swap because... But it looks to me it has 4C, so I'm confused...
Lets say we started with an R, Even if it's flood damage, why would they swap the dash, door cards etc? The other wierd thing is that I get this gut feeling that this car wasn't initially an R (another clue is rear valance and the ****ty re-badging placement)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Could be a frontal collision that involved a needed engine swap on a base S60. Found a donor S60 R with rear end damage, and decided to swap in the parts. Didn't do an entire interior swap because... But it looks to me it has 4C, so I'm confused...
Yeah that's a valid point too. He did say front passenger collision. But then the 4C and all the R badges and brakes and everything are making my head spin as to what it could be. If somebody was going through the effort why not go fully through the effort ya know? O well......

·
Registered
501 Posts

Agreed I wouldn't buy that car, but the lighter colored vent on the passenger side is correct for a non r cars with an oak interior.

Also those do not even look like sport seats but basic leather

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts
Yeah that's a valid point too. He did say front passenger collision. But then the 4C and all the R badges and brakes and everything are making my head spin as to what it could be. If somebody was going through the effort why not go fully through the effort ya know? O well......
For all we know, those 4C buttons might be a dummy, and just had the button assembly and vent surround swapped in. But yeah, I agree with you. A lot of effort if this was a base S60 but yet, strange that they didn't go all the way and swap everything.

And if this was an R, really strange why someone would go through such decisions and effort to get a sea of beige inferior interior to the R.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
For all we know, those 4C buttons might be a dummy, and just had the button assembly and vent surround swapped in. But yeah, I agree with you. A lot of effort if this was a base S60 but yet, strange that they didn't go all the way and swap everything.

And if this was an R, really strange why someone would go through such decisions and effort to get a sea of beige inferior interior to the R.
Yeah I had joked about a hoax 4C also. Could be purely cosmetic. After he sent me pictures of the interior I pretty much had my mind made up as a resounding no.....but figured at the very least everyone on here would get a nice WTF reaction out of it. Nobody disappointed haha.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
That car belongs in the freak show at the carnival.....

·
Registered
5,847 Posts
It's a perfect example of what happens to your R when you don't post a picture of it on SS when you introduce yourself. It start to transform, and not in a good way.

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
We should all throw in on it buy it and burn it. :D

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
We should all throw in on it buy it and burn it. :D
hahaha!

Also, that interior is totally awful paired with the R interior parts.

Worst of all, the seats are from a base S60. What's funny is it looks like the rear seat is too big for the R (though the cars themselves are the same dimensions, aren't they?), and as such there's even less leg room in the rear seat, unless the front seats are just all the way back?

And yeah, that upper engine mount is gone for sure.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
hahaha!

Also, that interior is totally awful paired with the R interior parts.

Worst of all, the seats are from a base S60. What's funny is it looks like the rear seat is too big for the R (though the cars themselves are the same dimensions, aren't they?), and as such there's even less leg room in the rear seat, unless the front seats are just all the way back?

And yeah, that upper engine mount is gone for sure.
I think that interior is just awful at all times. R parts or not it's a beige bunch of crap that my grandma might find delightful.....

1 - 20 of 54 Posts