SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am close to taking delivery on my 2020 V60 RD. I was wondering if any new owners of V60/S60 put on the mud flaps? From all the posted pictures it looks like everyone has decided to forego this accessory.

While on the topic of accessories what does everyone think is essential. For myself:

- cross bars with locks
- windshield sunshade
- winter mats and cargo mat
- winter wheel kit

·
Registered
59 Posts
I put them on my V60 the same day I brought it home. See post #86 in the pictures thread. The fronts are hilariously small but do keep road grime off the sides of the car.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Volvos' rubber floor mats and cargo liner/tray are fantastic. We always go the OEM route with our new Volvos. Others like Weather Tech. As far as cross bars if you think you will use them get them. They are rather expensive and strangely enough I see so many people with roof top bars that they never use. Driving around all the time with them on the roof has got to have an impact on gas mileage and more importantly noise. Only you will know if you need a winter wheel kit. Have fun with the V60. Its a great looking vehicle. And don't forget the Volvo accessory rebate coupon!

·
Registered
343 Posts
I had the mud flaps installed also, they fit nicely with the car as comp started they are small, so they don't really disturb the look of the car.
Comp. Which cargo liner do you have the rubber one or reversible?

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
I had the mud flaps installed also, they fit nicely with the car as comp started they are small, so they don't really disturb the look of the car.
Comp. Which cargo liner do you have the rubber one or reversible?
So I ordered the reversible one (for the first time ever) and hated it. I used it about a month after the car arrived and finally just rolled it up and stuck it away. It’s too bulky and having it roll back on itself (I drive with second row seats up) was a pain. I liked the idea of it but for me it just doesn't work. I then ordered the cargo tray/liner and have had it in ever since. It's light enough that when I open the trunk and use the trunk hanger it doesn't pull the trunk down like the reversible mat did. Only drawback is the grocery bag holder then becomes inoperable but for me its not a problem. Probably should have just ordered the tray/liner from the beginning. Oh well!

·
Registered
343 Posts
So I ordered the reversible one (for the first time ever) and hated it. I used it about a month after the car arrived and finally just rolled it up and stuck it away. It’s too bulky and having it roll back on itself (I drive with second row seats up) was a pain. I liked the idea of it but for me it just doesn't work. I then ordered the cargo tray/liner and have had it in ever since. It's light enough that when I open the trunk and use the trunk hanger it doesn't pull the trunk down like the reversible mat did. Only drawback is the grocery bag holder then becomes inoperable but for me its not a problem. Probably should have just ordered the tray/liner from the beginning. Oh well!
Thanks,
I'll probably grab the liner, or see if my one from my current car fits. My V60 is on its way, has about week before it reaches US from Goteburg, can't wait to drive it again

1 - 6 of 6 Posts