Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone, so here is my to do list

-techna-fit steel braided brake lines
-akebono ceramic front pads
-timing belt
-serpentine belt
-transmission mount
-engine mount

still to order: Snabb intake from fcpeuro (they have 15% off) and lowering springs.
what else am i missing here?
share your thoughts and your own to do list for your s60's!

·
Registered
773 Posts
If you do timing belt, do the tension pulley, and the other pulley as well, and I ALWAYS replace the water pump. You'll get mixed reactions to that, but I don't trust them to last 200,000 miles.

check your engine mount on the passenger side, as well as the mount on the front side of the engine, and the rear. Did clutch job at 200,000 miles, and both front and rear mount were empty. No wonder there was some vibration.

Consider getting "R" exhaust manifold.

I'm going to mount my R manifold, which is ceramic coated, along with a different exhaust housing for my turbo, the new one is also ceramic mounted. Think about an ARD tune, and possibly upgrade turbo, but that depends on cost.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
If you do timing belt, do the tension pulley, and the other pulley as well, and I ALWAYS replace the water pump. You'll get mixed reactions to that, but I don't trust them to last 200,000 miles.

check your engine mount on the passenger side, as well as the mount on the front side of the engine, and the rear. Did clutch job at 200,000 miles, and both front and rear mount were empty. No wonder there was some vibration.

I'm going to mount my R manifold, which is ceramic coated, along with a different exhaust housing for my turbo, the new one is also ceramic mounted. Think about an ARD tune, and possibly upgrade turbo, but that depends on cost.
2004+ had "R" exhaust manifolds standard, my 2008 S60 had one, it was more of a revised manifold than it was an "R" manifold, so I guess you could call it a "Revised" exhaust manifold.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Not a whole lot planned actually. Mostly brake pads and the general maintenance. Any and all plans for the S60 are put on hold for a minute. My engine is almost at 170k. So I'm not sure how much I want to try and go for a 16T swap right now.

Most my time/money/resources are going towards my swap for my Z.

·
Registered
773 Posts
2003 and later had the "R" manifold, just bought B5254T2 from '03 XC70, and it had that manifold.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
2003 and later had the "R" manifold, just bought B5254T2 from '03 XC70, and it had that manifold.
Really? That's interesting, I have always been under the impression that some 2004's didn't have the manifold and some did, and I certainly didn't know that 2003's used them.
Good info!

·
Registered
556 Posts
-Need to upgrade my brakes. Thinking of maybe just a front R brembo conversion or The EBC rotors and redstuff pads that NJBGreenbud has.
-Cant decide on what 18 inch wheels to get
-Clay bar and Wax
-Mentally preparing myself for $5 dollar a gallon gas

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

i know a guy from a volvo dealership and he said i only have to change the belt and said dont worry about the water pump.. also, i will be replacing the right passenger mount and the transmission mount to which is up front i believe.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
-Need to upgrade my brakes. Thinking of maybe just a front R brembo conversion or The EBC rotors and redstuff pads that NJBGreenbud has.
-Cant decide on what 18 inch wheels to get
-Clay bar and Wax
-Mentally preparing myself for $5 dollar a gallon gas
i was gonna buy a set of 18" replica pegs but decided to just replace my 16" tires with some brand new ones and saving up for the vanilla performance wheels. well, here in canada i pay $1.45/litre for a premium 91 octance gas.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Oh June will be a busy but fun month for me, returning from a year in the Republic of Korea to a garage full of boxes (some still on the way).

-Reflash an updated RICA tune to tune for WMI
-16T rebuild (not boreing to adapt a 18T for now) but will do some port work to the exhaust housing side & manifold.
-install a new Forge CBV piston style
-run all new vacuum lines
-install Snabb Intake spacer
-install WMI kit

-install new brake pads
-install HD spring seats and strut bushings
*possibly pick up the cxracing coilovers, still up in the air*
-throw on the 18" x 9" Privat Sektors I picked up from the classifieds
-install a Non-Volvo OEM rear spoiler
-HID Slim kit headlight mod

That seems to be everything that I can remember for now haha. Like I said the 60 will be getting an entire overhaul and I totally can not wait anymore June isn't coming fast enough!!!

·
Registered
556 Posts
Oh June will be a busy but fun month for me, returning from a year in the Republic of Korea to a garage full of boxes (some still on the way).

-Reflash an updated RICA tune to tune for WMI
-16T rebuild (not boreing to adapt a 18T for now) but will do some port work to the exhaust housing side & manifold.
-install a new Forge CBV piston style
-run all new vacuum lines
-install Snabb Intake spacer
-install WMI kit

-install new brake pads
-install HD spring seats and strut bushings
*possibly pick up the cxracing coilovers, still up in the air*
-throw on the 18" x 9" Privat Sektors I picked up from the classifieds
-install a Non-Volvo OEM rear spoiler
-HID Slim kit headlight mod

That seems to be everything that I can remember for now haha. Like I said the 60 will be getting an entire overhaul and I totally can not wait anymore June isn't coming fast enough!!!
Thank you for your service

·
Registered
416 Posts
^ Hooah, thanks for the kind words. I love my job and what I get to do so it makes waking up to serve really easy for me.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Not waiting until June. I'm dropping my car off today for 3 angle valve job, r&r broken stud on "R" exhaust manifold as well as complete replacement of all belts and tensioners water pump, etc. All new gaskets along with titanium painted intake that is gasket matched. Also gasket matched exhaust manifold. Using the HD blue kevlar timing belt. Entirely new Volvo OEM pcv system including tube/pipe that runs around the engine. New Volvo OEM plugs and tranny flush.
Also replacing ETM with Xemodex. Seemed like the time to do it all since it will be taken apart for the valve job and no additional labor cost.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
doing the tie rods (inner,outter both side) and shocks... trying to eek a bit more miles out of her, maybe a trans flush soon

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
1. Replace M56 trans.
2. Front suspension rebuid
3. Rear suspension rebuild
4. New rim
5. Mirror cover
6. Remove all the little dents

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wow u guys got some very nice mods going on. Im just starting to deal with maintenance stuff. Great ideas for future mods though!

·
Registered
313 Posts
Lets see... I need to:
- Roll my fenders to accommodate 8.5X17 front and 9.5x17 rear wheels.
- Remove countless door dings
- Install steering rack stops (with possible additional washer spacing)
- Buy and install rear shocks

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Lets see... I need to:
- Roll my fenders to accommodate 8.5X17 front and 9.5x17 rear wheels.
- Remove countless door dings
- Install steering rack stops (with possible additional washer spacing)
- Buy and install rear shocks
just wondering, how can we roll the rear fenders?i mean, theres the plastic lining around the fender so does that mean it has to be trimmed off?

·
Registered
313 Posts
just wondering, how can we roll the rear fenders?i mean, theres the plastic lining around the fender so does that mean it has to be trimmed off?
yeah you know what, I have not done it yet but Im thinking thats whats going to be done. Probably take a razer blade and trim back about an inch from the edge of the fender and proceed to roll em'. Ill put up a DIY once it gets done.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yeah you know what, I have not done it yet but Im thinking thats whats going to be done. Probably take a razer blade and trim back about an inch from the edge of the fender and proceed to roll em'. Ill put up a DIY once it gets done.
hmm..hope i wont have to roll it when i get my car lowered.. btw what r u lowered on? im thinking of putting B&G springs on mine.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts