SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have a 2005 Volvo v50 T5 with 175,000 on the dash. I am having transmission issues. my question is, is it worth rebuilding the transmission or should i get another car?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've read somewhere that "new" transmissions are not exactly new, but they are actually factory rebuilds. Only few manufacturers sell genuinely new transmission units.

Are you the one who will rebuild it or go to a mechanic? If you're going to get a new transmission, you have to look for the right parts such as transmission rebuild kits. Another cheaper option would be going to reputable transmission shops that will offer you rebuilds with warranty.

what's your budget, by the way? if you're planning to get a new ride you have to take note of the price too.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Volvo has a lifetime warranty on parts and labor. My '05 S40 2.4 will need one soon and that's my plan. I've upgraded the suspension and done enough other mods that I'm hooked. The engine is solid and she rides better than when new, except for the occasional reminder that the tranny is not far away.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts