SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 226 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Discuss.... Should I keep or should I ditch?

·
Registered
45 Posts
My last two Audi I debadged and when I first bought the V60 I was thinking of doing it but , haven't touched it yet.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
369 Posts

I've removed the R-Design since and added the S60 Polestar badge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
49 Posts
Great discussion, I am going through the same question right now. I debadged my previous A4 and left only the Audi logo and quite liked the look. I wanted to do the same thing with my V60R, but haven't touched it yet. I don't like showing I have the bigger motor, remove polestar badge only, T6 and polestar, or all?... One thing for sure, I will never remove the VOLVO, that fits just nicely.

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
I removed the V60 and kept the rest so that other cars know it was a Volvo Polestar that just passed them.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
I have always been in the camp of keeping badges. Whenever I see a debadged car to me it screams "look at me trying to be different in my mass produced machine". No offense intended to anyone who debadged, I just find beauty in a vehicle the way a manufacturer designed it, badges and all, if I didnt, I wouldnt have bought it. The only people who care about badges are enthusiasts, and most of the time I assume your covering for something. Not always true, ala Polestar above, but more often than not it is.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I wouldn't debadge, just put one on for the smallest, cheapest version that you can find, preferably one that you can't get in the states, to mess with people. Something like D3. Wanted to change my old Merc C55 AMG to C180 AMG, but never got around to it.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
In certain situations debadging works. IMO, the volvo V60 isn't one of them. I strongly prefer the look of V60s with badges intact, though to be fair, I have never seen a debadged one in the wild, only in photographs.

Edit: just realized the car in question is an S60. It might work Better on that. Can't explain exactly why. Maybe I just don't like debadged wagons?

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Don't mind badges but getting a little busy back there:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First liked the debadged look when I saw black Merc limos as a kid.

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
Fyi, the V60 and Polestar rear badging was removed for my wrap. I was selective with which badging was reinstalled.

·
Registered
116 Posts

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
I've heard some people saying it makes polishing and waxing the tailgate a lot easier and leaves no residue around the letters.

As for debadging, I like the contrast the badges provides. Clean trunks are, well clean, but also pretty bland. Though I have been tempted to remove my V8 badges both front and rear just for added stealth or something, I don't know. I am on board on azlkk's idea of putting a smaller engine emblem on instead. I've thought about the 1.8 emblem from the old S-/V40 cars for instance. D3 is a bit much though, I wouldn't want to go as far as to fit a diesel emblem, lol.

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Ha! RE-badge Mates!

I know, a bit busy...but it was an easy swap-in for the pre-existing and larger "AWD".

I'll probably end-up moving things around to look like this:

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Fyi, the V60 and Polestar rear badging was removed for my wrap. I was selective with which badging was reinstalled.
I was gonna say... with that vanity plate, any de-badging on the grounds of having "a cleaner look" or "classier look" were contradicted. :p

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
I was gonna say... with that vanity plate, any de-badging on the grounds of having "a cleaner look" or "classier look" were contradicted. :p
Hah, all the good "short named" plates that I liked were already spoken for in CA. I like my current one as it has multiple meanings.

I didn't want to deal with wrap washing around the V60 badge so it is gone. For the extra $10k paid over an R-Design, you bet the Polestar badge is remaining on the car! At least being square makes it easy to throughly wash around it.

Regarding your rebadging, you should try to get the new angled Polestar badge to go with your other "modern" Volvo badges

1 - 20 of 226 Posts