SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so the topic is a bit exaggerated but I did find something that works. After reading about some else's experience with Turtle Wax ICE I decided to give it a try.

After washing the car I simply dried it off and applied ICE. Didn't have the time for a proper clay and polish first. The stuff seemed to work very well on all surfaces. For a liquid polymer it has a lot of depth to its shine, although its not quite as nice as say P21S which also doesn't stain your moldings. What I did like was the ease with which it can be applied and removed, simply requiring a single wipe with a cloth. Best of all though, is that not only does it not stain the moldings, but you can actually apply it to the moldings and it darkens them without having to use something like back to black after washing the car. Not only did it darken the moldings, but it helped take off the excess wax that had been on the moldings from previous waxes.

While it says it's a wax/polish, it really only serves as a topcoat. It did help hide some of the swirls I had on my Ti Grey R, but I also used it on a flat black XC90, where it didn't hide too many of the swirls marks there.

I can't report as to how it holds up as I've only had it on for a day. I'll report back in a few weeks and see if my trim stays dark or if the stains show up again.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Another polish/protectant combo that will not stain the plastic mouldings is Klasse AIO/SG.

I've been hearing so many good things about P21S, I think I'm gonna give that stuff a go.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Re: (SHIFT_S60R)

P21s is great stuff. Not terribly long-lasting, but an excellent shine and no residue on black trim/rubber. These days, I use it as a finishing coat over synthetic sealant.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
I just heard about Collinite Insulator Wax not staining the moulding as well. And i don't know if you guys know about the Collinite IW, but it supposedly has some of the best durability out there. It just lacks a bit of the depth other waxes provide.

Going to actually pick some up tonight.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: (TomW)

I do love P21S and I have heard great things about Klasse and I don't recomend ice as an alternative to the shine/depth of a carnuaba wax or a sealant, but it is a cheaper and easier way to keep the car looking good after each wash rather than waxing each week. I still go for the full blown clay/polish/P21S once a month.

·
Premium Member
3,978 Posts
Re: To anyone with black trim--wax/polish that won't stain mouldings! (Vipergtsz3)

P21S is great. There are some people out there that say the carnuaba content is lower than before or they complain they do not like beeswax.

The product is so good for so long there is always some one making compliants or whatever

Do not believe these elephant poop people.

Use the bodywork shampoo once a week and the wax every couple of months and it is really easy, use some quick detailer that is carnuaba based such as autosportcatalog.com or Sonus detailing spritz in between

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Re: (SHIFT_S60R)

Quote, originally posted by SHIFT_S60R »
Another polish/protectant combo that will not stain the plastic mouldings is Klasse AIO/SG.

I've been hearing so many good things about P21S, I think I'm gonna give that stuff a go.

Just slap a coat of P21S on top of your AIO/SG combo, that is what I do anyways. You can also do this between applications of your AIO/SG. http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 7 of 7 Posts