SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have had my TME springs on for almost 6 months now and the rear still sits too freakin hi. Has anyone done anything with the top hat so that the spring will sit lower? I dont want to cut the springs and Eibach wont sell just rears. I can put the stock fronts on and it will probably sit level but the front looks so good! Need more low in the rear!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have heard that Eibachs are lower then TME's but some complain about the front being too low so if I could just get some rear Eibachs I would probably be set.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Front: Eibachs | 235/40/18 | 5mm spacer
Rear: Eibachs | 265/35/18 | 12mm spacer

·
Registered
303 Posts
My VR is also a bit high with the TME's, sure it´s lower than stock bot front and rear but could be a little lower in the rear. But really don´t care, it´s handles like a now! ;)

·
Registered
614 Posts
Lol welcome to my world man. I currently own the highest sitting Eibach lowered R on planet earth. How does it feel? Pretty terrible. At this point my (your) only option, besides buying new springs, is having my current springs cut. We'll see. But all I have to say is my current stance is HORRENDOUS -$700 later... :(

People will tell you this and that about Eibach springs (I know you are talkign about TME) but, for all you new guys, if you really want low PLEASE don't make the mistake I made. GET ELEVATE!!

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Do the Eibachs ride stiffer than the TME's on the VR?

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Yes they do.
TMEs have the best ride
On wagons they were designed to not be too low so then you could actually USE it as a wagon and load stuff in it!
For whatever reason they're all different
I ran the prototype V70R TMEs back in 2004 and they were very nice but not too low (pic below)
Some I've seen are very tall in the back, my Sonic was too low (so I installed 1/2" spring rubbers (spacers) in the rear springs to make it perfect (for me) so who knows, luck of the draw I guess.
Oh, and the rear is supposed to be about 1/2" higher, they all are. It's the way the car comes.

2004 w/ the prototype TME springs

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Stock ride heights for these caRs seem to have a fair amount of variation; the same seems to be true after adding aftermarket springs as well - not everyone gets exactly the same results. I wanted the TME's for their subtle drop and handling characteristics. Here's what mine look like:

·
Registered
322 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The Eibach's do look more level. What about trimming the upper rubber spring perch/mount? Has anyone done anything with that to get the rear a lil lower? It looks super thick, maybe shave it down a bit. I am pretty sure that Viva sells just TME rears which makes the car look more level with the stock front springs but then the car doesn't really look lowered, just a good corrected stance. It is frustrating cuz I really dont want to cut the springs.

·
Registered
186 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts