SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of relocating to NorCal and was wondering if anyone with an '04-'07 R has passed thier smog test with a TME downpipe. Does any one know of a shop in the East Bay area that will do a pre-test?

Thanks, Gregg

·
Registered
926 Posts
I've got one but haven't had to smog yet...sorry, not much help. You auto or manual?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am a 6 speed Geartronic, equipped simliar to yours, except for a Viva turbo and Rica Stage III. I will probably flash the ECU back to stock before the smog test. Does anyone do pre-tests anymore?

·
Registered
926 Posts
I am a 6 speed Geartronic, equipped simliar to yours, except for a Viva turbo and Rica Stage III. I will probably flash the ECU back to stock before the smog test. Does anyone do pre-tests anymore?
Check with 850, send him a PM or something. GTs for some/or all model years have an issue with the 2500 RPM portion of the test. Has something to do with not being able to hold the RPMs. There's a thread on it somewhere...it must be in the R forum, but its a long story. I haven't ridden in a Stage III R yet...you selling tickets?

·
Registered
11,628 Posts
Currently in CA, Volvo is working with the BAR (bureau of automotive repair) to remove the 2500rpm test and only do an idle only sniffer test. With this test your current setup with tune should pass.

·
Registered
466 Posts
My R passed with the Eurosport DP twice, so I don't think you'll have a problem. The trick really is finding a smog station that's really busy and does the visual check really quickly, and having a really steady foot during the 2500rpm test.

On my last smog before I sold my R I actually did the 2500rpm test myself in the car while he just sat there and watched me since he couldn't get it to stick in the range. Just find a semi-slacker smog spot and you're golden

1 - 10 of 10 Posts