101 - 119 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
925 Posts
Monoblocks look great TJ!

·
Registered
5,810 Posts
+1 for the Monoblocks. Import from Japan? Cost? Also, I can't remember if I already asked, but what lip is that one?

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #103 ·
Awesome to hear. You used all new rubber bushings right, not poly?
I used some poly, some regular. I used poly lower control arms and trailing arm bushings, the rest are rubber. Worked out quite nicely, it seems like that’s all I could get!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #104 ·
+1 for the Monoblocks. Import from Japan? Cost? Also, I can't remember if I already asked, but what lip is that one?
Yep! Imported by @5x108heavyweight on Instagram. He’s on here too, an OG, but I can’t remember what his name is for the life of me. I paid about 800. Not a cheap setup but I’m so happy with it all.

It’s a Volvo Composites front lip.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Yep! Imported by @5x108heavyweight on Instagram. He’s on here too, an OG, but I can’t remember what his name is for the life of me. I paid about 800. Not a cheap setup but I’m so happy with it all.
He goes by RusheR.

·
Registered
16,548 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #108 ·
So it’s been a minute but I’ll post an update.

Went out in the car for a nice post Christmas drive and it would not start in the parking lot of the mall we were at. Decided I had enough of this intermittent not starting. Had it towed to the shop. Tow guy really messed up my Volvo Composites lip so I was quite unhappy about that.

Edwin traced it to the positive battery cables, replaced both cables and it starts every time reliably. Also decided it was time to replace the heater core, replace both rear calipers, FINALLY INSTALL THE NEW DRIVESHAFT, and delete the roof rails. Fellas down at GLS Autobody did an amazing job on my lip. Car is coming together slowly but surely.

Definitely a head turner and I love it.
IMG_3984.jpg

IMG_3966.jpg

·
Registered
261 Posts
monoblocks....:love:

·
Registered
5,810 Posts
monoblocks....:love:
You can buy 'em off him, LOL.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Roof rail delete.. I was thinking about it. But it never happened. Sometimes it's just cool to be able to travel with some wood boards on the roof lol

·
Registered
17,147 Posts
Oh the rare slicctop mod

Looks great.

Reactions: GreenS60Guy

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #116 ·
Roof rail delete.. I was thinking about it. But it never happened. Sometimes it's just cool to be able to travel with some wood boards on the roof lol
I don’t really do anything with the car to need roof rails. I have some for my daily driver that I’d use, just thought I’d change the look after a few years

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
I don’t really do anything with the car to need roof rails. I have some for my daily driver that I’d use, just thought I’d change the look after a few years

Makes perfect sense to me! I have a ski box that can go on the roof rails but I deliberately waited a couple years after I bought my 00 R to put roof rails on it.

It definitely looked cleaner without the rails, and it’s way easier to wash/clear snow off without roof rails.

·
Registered
16,548 Posts
Yeah I'm not a fan of the 99+ rails. I think the -98 rails look much cleaner.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #119 ·
Figured I would do an update since it’s been a while.

Was enjoying the car, not much change since the last update, until I noticed a large coolant leak coming from where the heater hose joins the block.

Long story short, ended up finally putting my upgraded 19t (shoutout to gpop shop turbos for the awesome work) in and doing a bunch of detail work. The old 18t was just so exhausted (haha) and was starting to produce some really cool smoke clouds. It’s not quite finished but I’ll post pics anyway. I was really tired of the exposed wiring so I sheathed it all, along with installing brand new radiator hoses, heater hoses, and vacuum lines. Just have to button it all back up and do the detail work of cleaning.

Also upgraded from a “stage 1” Hilton tune to a “stage 2”. That’s really all I have for now, the M58 is still sitting in storage, we are house hunting at the moment so it’ll be a bit before any other major updates.

IMG_4493.jpg

64108457575__C19964B8-C6E8-4EF6-8A31-EAE03B790782.jpg

101 - 119 of 119 Posts