SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey Everyone, long time no see!

Just wanted to post a picture of a basic new project that my wife and I just completed and debuted at the SEMA Show last week, a 2005 Volvo V50 T5. While shopping around for a "new" car, we figured we'd get back into a Volvo and try out a wagon this time.

We didn't really have any major plans for it but with SEMA approaching we figured why not and started ordering some parts for it and see how it came together. With the help from some great friends at Rotiform, Falken, KW Suspension, THULE, 3M and Daley Visual we were able to get it done and to the show where we were happy with it.

Anyways, enough talking... here you go:

For those of you that have been around here for a while, here's a link to my old S40... which I still regret selling:
http://www.swedespeed.com/news/publish/Features/article_1555.html

... and here's a nice little piece SpeedHunters.com did on it too:
http://www.speedhunters.com/2012/10/sema-outside-car-displays/

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Nice car! Where did you buy your lip? Looks yummy

·
Registered
244 Posts
Love the wagon, miss your 40....That thing was sweet. Glad to see you have returned! Can't wait to see your future mods

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
yeah, i saw this on speedhunters. really nice looking wagon! best looking car on that page! :D

oh, and that s40 is sikkk looking. :thumbup:

·
Registered
320 Posts
Looks great. Not as good as your s40 did tho, that things my favorite... Whered you located the front lip?

·
Super Moderator
15,166 Posts
I'm going to go out on a limb and say you kept the Heico lip when you sold the S40? :confused:

Loved that S40! It always inspired me. Can't wait to see where the V50 will end up.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the kind words everyone! This isn't anything to blow people away, just something simple for the wifey to get from point A to point B in. As far as the lip, it's a new one that I picked up from Heico a little while back... the other one was sold with the S40.

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
This isn't anything to blow people away, just something simple for the wifey to get from point A to point B in.
Let's just hang on to this quote to remind Gene as he undoubtedly will continue to transform this V50.
I am hype to see where this ends up, although it looks fantastic already. custom performance mods perhaps???!!!

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
Hey Gene....are you related to Neil? i remember his show cars from early 2000's were amazing.

·
Registered
9,114 Posts
Welcome back!

Digging the purple, love wild colored wheels.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Let's just hang on to this quote to remind Gene as he undoubtedly will continue to transform this V50.
I am hype to see where this ends up, although it looks fantastic already. custom performance mods perhaps???!!!
Haha, we'll see what happens but I wouldn't expect much more.

Hey Gene....are you related to Neil? i remember his show cars from early 2000's were amazing.
Yup, Neil's my older brother... he's still playing with cars, check out tjineditionroadshow.com.

Wheres your supplier? I can't seem to find anything online? Did they discontinue this line?
I just went through Heico US direct, try to get in touch with Todd Henderson. I know they didn't have many of these in stock as of a few months ago but he brought one in for me.

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
very nice!

·
Registered
9,114 Posts
Thanks for all of the compliments!

It might be going for sale soon, I'll keep you guys posted.
Lol, that was quick. Do you ever hear bout your old S40? Curious if its still all together or if they detuned it a bit.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts