SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, yesterday I decided to do a brief inspection on my R in preperation for the up coming trip to Nurburgring. One of the items I checked were the front pads, especially since the dealer said I needed to desperately replace them.

Back on topic......I did one track day with the shims installed which consisted of 140+ miles of hard driving about two months ago, plus some spirited driving on the local roads. I don't know how to explain exactly what I see, but it looks like something got hot enough on the inside of the shim (pad side) and the extreme heat stayed where it should.

I believe they did exactly what they were advertised to do, but I'll let you guys interprit what you see!

This is the pad side.

This is the caliper side.

Obviously, this is the pad.

Kevin

·
Registered
8,754 Posts
Re: Titanium Brake Pad Shims: Follow-Up (KVB)

Wow, I'm glad I put these on my car (VERY easy install for someone who knows how to change brake pads).

Also glad that vizwiz from http://www.takspeed.com donated a complete set for a grand prize at the GTG raffle.

Thanks for the pics Kevin!

·
Registered
5,842 Posts
Re: Titanium Brake Pad Shims: Follow-Up (JimLill)

By the looks of the above photos, you are running both the Ti and the stock shims?

·
Registered
8,754 Posts
Re: Titanium Brake Pad Shims: Follow-Up (Our R)

Quote, originally posted by Our R »
By the looks of the above photos, you are running both the Ti and the stock shims?

Can't speak for Kevin, but my dealer did not transfer stock shims over to Hawk Pads when he installed them...

Quote, originally posted by JimLill »
Glad I designed them

As am I, Herr Professor.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Titanium Brake Pad Shims: Follow-Up (Our R)

Quote, originally posted by Our R »

Yes, I had both on. I thought/think the added seperation might help overall.

Kevin

Modified by KVB at 12:01 PM 4-9-2006

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.