SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Probably been discussed over and over. But we have Cooper Discover HTPe and have 60k on them. Blew one out this weekend on the logging road to our cabin. It’s no longer our daily driver. So looking for something to handle the rough stuff better without being too aggressive. Hancook Dynapro, etc. thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
251 Posts
I really like the Michelin Defender LTX (or XLT at costco) They both just went on sale at costco and they are an excellent tire.

·
Registered
2008 XC90 3.2
1,393 Posts
I really like the Michelin Defender LTX (or XLT at costco) They both just went on sale at costco and they are an excellent tire.
Those Michelins LTX M/S (old model) and Defender LTX/XLT are great tires for both a hotter Texas or 4-season Minnesota. Used 5 sets on different SUVs (including a big Denali XL and a Honda Pilot) and they all lasted at least 50k miles. I wanted to go that same route, but I drive a lot of highway and wanted something with a little less blocky/aggressive tread for slightly better road noise. I went with Bridgestone Dueler Alenza Plus with the discount from Costco. Get's great reviews for comfort, tread life, and handling. Since last November, I put approximately 21k miles on them and they still have good tread left. I drive through blizzards, city potholes, and cross country highways with confidence. If you don't push the handling like I do, the Michelin Defender tires are a great option with its softer sidewall and long lasting tread.

I did try the Michelin Premier LTX in the 17in size for my XC90, they had a lot of grip, lasted only 30k miles and the ride (from sidewall) was harder...harder than my 18in wheels with 255/55s with shorter sidewalls.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts