SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recall a while back I got this cheapo tire caled NEXEN, comparable with Kumho or Falken, I thought it was a good choice since it has sidewall protection (a little bulge of rubber on the side) and it would protect my pegasus as well...

the only drawback is increase tire rub, so for those who has the problem, that little ridge on the side of the tire might be the issue.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Re: tires with sidewall protection willl rub more often (stevectsai)

Quote, originally posted by stevectsai »
Recall a while back I got this cheapo tire caled NEXEN, comparable with Kumho or Falken, I thought it was a good choice since it has sidewall protection (a little bulge of rubber on the side) and it would protect my pegasus as well...

the only drawback is increase tire rub, so for those who has the problem, that little ridge on the side of the tire might be the issue.

tough crowd.... thanks for the info...

·
Registered
248 Posts
Re: tires with sidewall protection willl rub more often (blackTT55)

wow another thread with nothing to do with an R. Adminstrator's where are you? Please come out of the shadows.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Re: tires with sidewall protection willl rub more often (R Crazy)

Quote, originally posted by R Crazy »
wow another thread with nothing to do with an R. Adminstrator's where are you? Please come out of the shadows.

Whatever do you mean? Tire rub is an oft-discussed issue here on the R forum, as are spacers to alleviate the issue, etc etc. This topic is entirely appropriate here.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Re: tires with sidewall protection willl rub more often (stevectsai)

Tires of the same size are NOT!
Every manufacturer's tire is sized differently and yes, if it has a large "sidewall protector" it surely WILL rub on an R.
Conti Extreme Contacts, (one of my favorite inexpensive tires that I hjave on my 850R and had on my S60 AWD) rubbed like crazy on the S60 which was lowered.
After I raised it up a bit they STILL bubbed requiring new steering stops.

It then had the turning radius of an R
(Actually worse
)

·
Registered
21,340 Posts
Re: tires with sidewall protection willl rub more often (R Crazy)

Quote, originally posted by R Crazy »

It's entirely appropriate, although I have to say my Pilot Sport A/S have a rim protection bead and they don't rub on my car. Stock 17" size.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Re: tires with sidewall protection willl rub more often (needsdecaf)

Quote, originally posted by needsdecaf »

It's entirely appropriate, although I have to say my Pilot Sport A/S have a rim protection bead and they don't rub on my car. Stock 17" size.
PS's have a SMALL rim protector but some tires I've seen stick out another inch or so!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts