SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It’s time for me to replace my tires (95k miles) on my 2013 XC60 T6 R-design as my tread has begun to wear. In the past I’ve used Pirelli Scorpions and Yokohama Parada. When I run a search by my model on tirerack.com, it’s consistently brought up Vredestein Quatrac 5. I’ve heard of the big name brands, but not Vredestein. Has anyone used this brand? Just curious. Tirerack comes up with reviews for other vehicle types (mostly non-Volvo sedans) which is apples and oranges comparison, but I’m wondering anyone else’s experience. I’m afraid of buying something that I’ve never heard of, but it has very high overall ratings of 4.5 of 5 stars. Michelin and Goodyear have great ratings as well but are on the pricey side.

I have mixed city and highway driving: horrid DC daily in-town work stop and go (potholes, road construction). On weekends, I let loose on the hwy and lovely country roads of Delaware. My primary concern is wet performance and not snow since we have very mild winters here in DC/DE. Since I have an R-Design, I tend to feel every bump, but I do have great handling, My current tire size is 255/45R20 105W (pirellis).

I’d love to hear your overall faves for the same model Volvo and also any experience with Vredestein.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Vredestein have been around for a while, I think they are good tires, but, I would spend the extra dime and go for Michelin's.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have had great results with the Nexen N’Fera RU5. Been running it on my wife’s 13 xc60RD and my 15 xc60RD. $118 per tire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts