SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Damn tire wear is bad on both my rear tires. I had an alignment when I got these tires. Are these cars just hard to get good tire wear out of. What's the correction for this tire wear. Fronts are worn but not near as bad as the rear.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
For one alignment should be checked no less than every 6 months. Looks like you have some pretty good camber or toe wear. Go get the aliment checked to start.

From my electronic gismo- Galaxy S6

·
Registered
675 Posts
Toe should be as close to zero as possible in the rear

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Probably a combination of excessive toe wear and negative camber wear. But having the rear tires toed in or out can wear them out super fast compared to negative camber.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Did you drive any significant distance with the car loaded?

·
Registered
396 Posts
I have a suspicion that worn struts/shocks play a part. When we changed them on our 6MT R, I noticed it sat ~1/2" higher in the rear that the GT. I think the shock/ strut lifts the car a little and as they lose their gas charge, the car squats a little, wearing the inside corners of the tires. Doesn't happen on a solid axle car but with independent rear suspension, the tires camber out as the car goes down. If I had chased alignment, maybe I could have saved the tires but I didn't and they wore just like yours.
Just my theory.
But I've now changed the rear shocks on the GT and will be changing the front struts soon.
And then will be getting an alignment and new tires.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
I had noticeable negative camber after coilovers, but with a proper alignment (factory #'s with the exception of toe at 0) I had no excessive tire wear or prematurely worn suspension components.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.