SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have 235/40/18... Can we run 235/45/18 on the R without any rubbing? The 45 would give me just slightly more tire and in the area I could use it if I want to enjoy driving my R.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Are you at stock height? You probably get some rubbing a lil but I would call like tirerack.com or discounttiredirect.com and ask them. I know some guys have 245/40/18...

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you at stock height? You probably get some rubbing a lil but I would call like tirerack.com or discounttiredirect.com and ask them. I know some guys have 245/40/18...

Yes I am at stock height with 235/40/18...

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
I currently have 235/40/18... Can we run 235/45/18 on the R without any rubbing? The 45 would give me just slightly more tire and in the area I could use it if I want to enjoy driving my R.
The sizes you state will only give you a slightly taller tire, with no change in tire width, so there should be no rubbing.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
I think you will rub
How much, I don't know

·
Registered
36 Posts
By increasing the tire's sidewall height from 94mm 105.75mm you will most certainly further limit your steering angle as the tire will hit the inner fender that much quicker on what will be less-sharp full lock turn.

·
Registered
432 Posts
By increasing the tire's sidewall height from 94mm 105.75mm you will most certainly further limit your steering angle as the tire will hit the inner fender that much quicker on what will be less-sharp full lock turn.
^this... I actually run a 245/40/17 and rub less with the wider/shorter tire. I think you will most definitly rub more with a taller tire.

I have a winter set of wheels that you should trade with me so you can have more rubber and a better ride- they are 17's- I would do this out of the kindness of my heart :D

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts