SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the "stock" tire size, and what is the "+0" tire size for my Volvo V70 XC AWD, year 2000?

Had a tire blow out, so I will probably put one tread on back axle and a differnt one up front.

·
Registered
808 Posts
What is the "stock" tire size, and what is the "+0" tire size for my Volvo V70 XC AWD, year 2000?

Had a tire blow out, so I will probably put one tread on back axle and a differnt one up front.
If you don't know already, all tires MUST be within 3/32 tread depth of each other, otherwise you will destroy your AWD system. Do a search for more info.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
205/55/16 but as said you need all 4 tires the SAME and the tread within 3/32" of each other or you risk a couple of thousand dollars worth of damage!
You can do permanent damage within 100 miles of driving if you don't follow this

You CANNOT put different tread, a different tire design or brand on another axle

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Just wondering if you've even read through your owners manual before starting these threads. You can download it from the Volvo website if you didn't get it when you picked up the XC.

Being aware of the tire condition is essential to the life of the AWD. Get 4 new tires now, or rebuild your AWD later....

·
Banned
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Eeep!

Well, I am happy to report that the V IS parked right now. Has the donut on there now.. Just curious, is there room in the tire well for a full-size spare/tire (on its rim?) Or donut only?

Gonna show that AWD system some lovin. ATF fluid change is a go, and i will get 4 tires on there. This one had on snow tires, so. I think that that, along with ABS module replacement, 4 new tires, and fluid change for ATF.. Should be sufficient lovin.

Yes, it is parked or now. And it IS 16" wheel? I need to doublecheck this car doesn't have 15" tires on it! They DID look a little small....

No, this car DEFINITELY has 15" wheels/tires on it. I wonder if I should actually get the 16" size. WRONG wheels/tires?

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Standard wheel
205/65/15

·
Registered
808 Posts
Standard wheel
205/65/15
OP, the 16" was used on SE models, which were produced later in the model year.

EDIT: Just saw the new thread on regular XC vs SE (Special Edition), looks like you have it covered.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts