SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my s60R from someone in Houston. The tires are awesome, except they are summer tires, and I drive in winter. I found some one selling what I need, but the size is 225/40/18, whereas the size on the car now is 235/40-18. Has an one done this or will they not fit?

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
They'll fit, just a little more narrow and slightly less overall height (probably won't notice the height part), remember, the "40" in your case is percent of width, aka aspect ratio. In your case 235mm across in tire wide and 40 percent side wall height (94mm), so 225 tire with 40 ratio has a 90mm height.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
They'll fit, just a little more narrow and slightly less overall height (probably won't notice the height part), remember, the "40" in your case is percent of width, aka aspect ratio. In your case 235mm across in tire wide and 40 percent side wall height (94mm), so 225 tire with 40 ratio has a 90mm height.
There you have it!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I appreciate your fast response. Since all 4 will be identical, I suspect there will be not AWD or computer issues?

·
Premium Member
8,709 Posts
I appreciate your fast response. Since all 4 will be identical, I suspect there will be not AWD or computer issues?
No issues. 225/40/18 is actually a recommended size from Volvo for snow tires.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts