SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stopped by the tire shop that installed my new set of tires. I have been mostly impressed with the switch to the Toyo A/S tires a couple of weeks ago. The level of grip is outstanding, even during high speed cornering, but the car has lost a bit of its nimble steering response. The shop originally tried to send me out the door with 30psi in each tire. I had them bump all four up to 37psi before I left, but the immediate steering response still feels numb even after 400 miles. Long story short, the guy at the shop today told me the tires should be inflated to at least 40psi and recommended a full 45psi. The max inflation, per the sidewall, is 50psi. The new tires cushion the bumps quite well (advanced almost feels as smooth as sport used to), but 45psi seams insane to me.

Anyone care to comment?

They may be trying to blow me off, because I hinted that I might want to swap these for Nero M+S's under Toyo's 500-mile refund guarantee.

·
Registered
10,097 Posts
Re: Tire shop recommending 45psi - are they nuts? (RainyS60R)

Near 39 should be OK and will bring better mileage also compared to lower tire pressure.

·
Registered
18,762 Posts
Re: Tire shop recommending 45psi - are they nuts? (RainyS60R)

No, they aren't nuts if you are talking 18s... see here.

http://forums.swedespeed.com/zerothread?id=56576

For the S60R, Michelin reccomends 2.5 bar (36 psi) for 235/45x17" and 2.9 bar (42 psi) for 235/40x18".

1 - 5 of 5 Posts