SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,<br>I have four new Yokoham S-Drives on my 04' S60R. I run them at 35PSI. I don't do any auto-crossing...just spirited around town and on rural roads. The recommended is 32 (I think). I read a comment on another website that they should be run at 36. I just want to make sure they are at the write PSI, so that I don't screw up the tires...I'm not looking for maximum performance. <p>...Anyone have any thoughts?

·
Registered
11,628 Posts
Re: Tire Pressure (theR)

I don't have those tires but I run 39psi with my 18" Pegs.<br>Reason being better pothole protection. I like the ride quality, it doesn't feel too harsh either.<p>Here is the manual that states the pressures:<br><A HREF="http://apps.volvocars.us/ownersdocs/2006/2006_S60/06s60_09.htm#pg116" TARGET="_blank">http://apps.volvocars.us/owner...pg116</A> <p>There is also a label on the drivers side B pillar (behind the drivers side door) that shows the pressures.

·
Registered
7,954 Posts
Seems to be a bit higher pressure keeps the side hop away.<p>I went from 32 ~ 39 psi on my 19" and the difference was amazing.<p>Also, I notice your in Teluride....<p>I'm planning to go SKi-biking there some time this season, and it seems like one of the bigger/better resorts for that. Any secrets to the area on where to stay/ where to fly into? etc....?

·
Banned
533 Posts
Re: (chinaonnitrous1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>chinaonnitrous1</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Seems to be a bit higher pressure keeps the side hop away.<p>I went from 32 ~ 39 psi on my 19" and the difference was amazing.</TD></TR></TABLE><p>My limited experience is the opposite: I went from 36~39 psi all-around to ~ 33/32 F/R and the ride quality improved dramatically (17" Hankook K110 UHPs), <u>and</u> the last vestige of side hop (the car had more when I picked it up, with 2 newest tires on the right side) instantly (all but) vanished.<p>I saw the owner manual's Canadian recommendation of 35 psi all around; that made me think that 32 might be a bit extreme; good to hear that I'm not the only one who's ever run at such pressures... IMHO, Volvo's standard tire pressure recommendation is either for safe fully-loaded autobahn running on a hot day or else for optimal results from EPA mileage testing.<p><TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>850arrrsaylikepirate</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I don't have those tires but I run 39psi with my 18" Pegs.<br>... I like the ride quality, it doesn't feel too harsh either.</TD></TR></TABLE><p>Specific tires make so much difference. What tires are you running?

·
Registered
11,628 Posts
Re: (Turbo Country)

I am running Dunlop Direzza DZ101 235/40ZR18. As for grip they aren't that great.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts