SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I intend to purchase an active TPMS in the near future. The systems that I see advertised most are the "Third Eye" (from Viva Performance) "SmarTire" (from Tire Rack) and Doran PressurePro (wireless) systems. Has anyone used any of these systems, and can you share your experience? I am primarily interested in reliability and accuracy, but an attractive graphical interface is also important. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Re: Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems - Which is best? (bern1808)

Bern:

I have the Doran PressurePro on my motorcoach and tow vehicle. If you are in the market for an accurate & reliable TPMS I would not recommend this system. In addition, the unit that goes in the vehicle is rather large and cumbersome for use in a car. I would check into two systems..Smart Tire and the AutoDax TPMS system (www.autodax.com). Good luck.

·
Super Moderator
14,845 Posts
third eye is definitely the most popular on this forum, and going with that brand, you would have tons of support for it. its the one i plan to install.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Re: Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems - Which is best? (bern1808)

I have TPS on my other vehicle and I hate it. Anytime the temp changes it can throw off my system. However, now that I've switched to putting nitrogen in my tires instead of regular air, that problem seems to have been solved. Nitrogen is more stable pressure wise when temp. are a concern. But it's still hard to beat a good old fashion pressure gauge.

·
Super Moderator
14,845 Posts
be sure to post what you go with and how you like it!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Re: Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems - Which is best? (r_driver04)

Since you have put N2 in your tires.....have you had to add N2 in any of your tires?? I had it in my explorer and I plan on putting it in my S80 T6.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts