SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am interested in what makes of tire pressure gauges are being used by readers of this forum. I have a 2012 S60 T5 and I am not used to tires that require 38 PSI. I own two different stick gauges, two dial gauges and one digital. None register the same reading. The difference is up to 6 pounds and I am not sure if any of them are correct.

What makes would you recommend?

·
Registered
13,511 Posts
Average them?

I don't really know makes other than to say to use one that is newer. I had been using an older stick gauge that was nearly 30 years old. Over that time it started reading low so my pressure was actually 4 or so lbs higher.

·
Registered
501 Posts
For a cheap one I use a Joes Racing gauge I got off of Amazon. If you are really concerned about tire pressure and are willing to spend more than $30 dollars Moroso makes a good tire pressure gauge, however my friends Moroso gauge reads very similarly to my Joes Racing gauge. Lately though I have been thinking about getting the Snapon TGS1, but its tough to swallow the thought of spending a $100 on a tire pressure gauge.

·
Registered
5,847 Posts
Here's 2 links to places I use for tire gauges:

LongAcreRacing

QuickCar

LongAcre has a write up on what makes a good gauge.

·
Registered
147 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
I have a Kobalt pump with digital guage. 12 and 110 volt. Set the desired pressure and it stops within .5psi

·
Registered
290 Posts
I bought the digital backlit one from Accutire on amazon. Easy to use, very easy to read even at night thanks to the backlighting.
I also believe the digital ones (at least the quality ones) are pretty accurate (relatively speaking). The old pencil type ones are not always as accurate (plus if the plastic that pops up ever gets bent or worn slightly that could affect the measurements it reports (I would think).

Now I am looking for a 12V inflator.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Sears has a cordless 19.2volt inflator with a digital pressure gauge. It has turned out to be more useful than I thought it would be and I already have a large number of other 19.2v tools and batteries.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I bought the digital backlit one from Accutire on amazon. Easy to use, very easy to read even at night thanks to the backlighting.
I also believe the digital ones (at least the quality ones) are pretty accurate (relatively speaking). The old pencil type ones are not always as accurate (plus if the plastic that pops up ever gets bent or worn slightly that could affect the measurements it reports (I would think).

Now I am looking for a 12V inflator.
Umm,,, my 2012 S60 T6 came with a 12V inflator in the trunk (read no spare). I have already used it once to get a tire with a nail up to a pressure that would let me drive to my Volvo dealer. It works great, and of course you do not have to utilize the tire repair module when you use it. It also has a gauge built into it.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Umm,,, my 2012 S60 T6 came with a 12V inflator in the trunk (read no spare). I have already used it once to get a tire with a nail up to a pressure that would let me drive to my Volvo dealer. It works great, and of course you do not have to utilize the tire repair module when you use it. It also has a gauge built into it.
Thanks! I'll double check the kit in my car's trunk then. I did not notice the inflator when I looked at the kit under the trunk 'floor' briefly a few weeks ago but then again I was not looking for one and was just checking whether or not the trunk (kit) contained a jack.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts