SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

has anyone here installed the 3RD EYE Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)?

If yes I have a few questions:
1. how do you take off the A pillar trim to get to the wire harness and route your TPMS harness? I understand there is an airbag too.
2. to which harness/fuses have you connected the TPMS harness?

Thanks,

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Re: Tire monitoring system install (doru)

Quote, originally posted by doru »
Hi there,

has anyone here installed the 3RD EYE Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)?

If yes I have a few questions:
1. how do you take off the A pillar trim to get to the wire harness and route your TPMS harness? I understand there is an airbag too.
2. to which harness/fuses have you connected the TPMS harness?

Thanks,

I don't have the diagrams around, but you pull at the upper edge, and after it pops off there will be another retention clip. There are two types, depending on chassis number I guess, and on mine you had to rotate the clip. Then the bottom just slips out. Reverse to replace. The airbag part is just rolled up in that space, the actual charge isn't in the a-pillar. I hooked the system up to the accessory (cig lighter) fuse. There's enough cable to put the display anywhere you want really. I find that it looks best just to the right of the rear view mirror in the black sunshade section. It fits perfectly there. A little hard to get to the buttons, but how often do you press them anyway?

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Re: Tire monitoring system install (partridge)

Quote, originally posted by partridge »

Nice install!

OT - May I suggest that you run the car seat tether under the rear headrest and not over it - it willl eliminate unnecessary play should hte device need to be used. http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Re: Tire monitoring system install (bschurr)

Quote, originally posted by bschurr »

Nice install!

OT - May I suggest that you run the car seat tether under the rear headrest and not over it - it willl eliminate unnecessary play should hte device need to be used. http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

I've tried everything to get it under. Nothing seems to work. Next time I move it I'll give it another shot.

·
Registered
2,865 Posts

I love those blacked out sections around the RVM, great for hiding electronic doo dads like iPass transponders, radar detectors etc.. I see BMWs etc driving around with that stuff visible and it really clutters up the look.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Thanks a lot!

The position is fine where you place it. For pushing the buttons I'll just use a pen.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.