SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gotta buy new tires (245/35/19), it's pretty much between the Bridgestone RE760 and the Falken FK-452. Loving the price of the Falkens! Are the bridgestones worth spending the extra $250 over the falkens?

Anyone with experience with these tires especially the falkens? I heard great reviews on the bridgestones!! How are the sidewalls of the falkens compared to the bridestone. Currently I'm driving with yokohama s.drives and find the sidewall pretty stiff, which I don't mind at all.

The other issue is that the manual for the recommended load index says 95 and most tires I find are 93, like the two above, will this be an issue?

Thanks!

·
Registered
372 Posts
I'd stay away from the Falken brand...their 19" tires have a reputations for developing excessive tread noise...especially after 5K miles of wear...

In my opinion...try the new Kumho Ecsta LE Sport...280 tread-wear...reasonably priced...check the Tire Rack for more info & reviews...

The Bridgestone's are not a bad choice...I think the Kumho's might be a better choice...

Over the years I've installed a bunch of 19" alloys/tires on my vehicles...the important factor to me was always a quiet tire...one that had a lack of tread noise after 5K of wear...

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Why skimp if you're going to the trouble and expense of ordering all of these Heico products new? Michelin Pilot Sport 3's.

Unless you're running these all year, in which case the Pilot Sport A/S.

When I bought my 19's I also looked at the Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta, which for a mid-tier tire had excellent reviews.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay so forget the falkens... I guess I was "skimping" on the those lol.
But I've always spent about $200 on tires and have been happy with them.

I'll check out the kumho's.

My friend got a brand new set of Pilot sports for $600 :O I did not get lucky...
I would love to buy a set but the budget for the car is running low...

·
Registered
289 Posts
I have the Kumho Ecsta 4X installed on my T5. Impressive grip, quiet, and they were only $118/tire for the 235/45/17 version. I'm quite impressed by them...

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
You aren't going to find 19" tires for $200...just not going to happen. Maybe if you're into Wanli or Nankang or something.
Watch Ebay and Craigslist, almost-new sets are all around.
Or like I said go check out the Vredesteins.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You aren't going to find 19" tires for $200...just not going to happen. Maybe if you're into Wanli or Nankang or something.
Watch Ebay and Craigslist, almost-new sets are all around.
Or like I said go check out the Vredesteins.
With 18's I was satisfied with a $200 tire that all I was getting at, I do realise it will cost me more for 19's. Funny one site had the michelin PSS for $445(1010tires) and another one $275(tirerack)!?! Might go with the michelins.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
With 18's I was satisfied with a $200 tire that all I was getting at, I do realise it will cost me more for 19's. Funny one site had the michelin PSS for $445(1010tires) and another one $275(tirerack)!?! Might go with the michelins.
Try Discount wheel warehouse = www.discountwheelwarehouse.com

http://www.discountedwheelwarehouse...arch=&sc1=111&sc2=130&sc3=124&sc4=129&sc5=190

Order online and have it shipped to your house. This should save you a few bucks and still get your quality product. Example. 235/35/19 - Michelin Pilot Sport AS $210.19

Happy shopping.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts