SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I want a bit more sidewall to protect the rims after having one crack already. so i'm debating the following tire sizes. Which are possible and how bad are the drawbacks to running some of these sizes.

Stock 235/40R18
Option 1 245/40R18
Option 2 235/45R18
Option 3 245/45R18
Option 4 255/40R18

If i need to run up to a 10mm spacer that wont' bother me. Also I HATE the VW stretched tire look. I much prefer the stuff as much rubber as you can look. Minor fender rolling wouldn't bother me either.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
fuzion UHP and 36 psi

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
fuzion UHP and 36 psi
I haven't heard of them, but they look pretty inexpensive. I cracked a wheel and bent 2 more when I used a cheap tire and inflated to 34psi. Bought some tires with a known stiffer sidewall and inflate to 39, over a year since I cracked one.

Bridgestone for example is known for having a stiff sidewall. Rather than try different sizes, I would try a better tire if possible and inflate a little more.

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
Nothing will help if you hit the wrong pot-hole. :)

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
these tires have VERY stiff sidewalls. It looked slightly low and had 2 psi in it when i checked it.

more rubber also equals more traction right? and the 45 series 235's filled the rear wells better. So I figured that maybe 245/45R18's might just fill the wells up and give that old school "race" look.

·
Registered
974 Posts
I think they might be pretty big for the front. Spacers will likely be needed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so 10mm spacers for the front for 245/45R18's? What about rear's? And will the taller sidewall and wider tread promote too much Wallowing of the tire on the rim (best way i can describe it)

·
Registered
974 Posts
I would go 10mm front and 15 rear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
excuse me they were Fusion ZRi's

1 - 10 of 10 Posts