SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 2008 C30 2.0

Looks like I need (2?) new tires, and I'd like to benefit from some of the collective wisdom here.

Brought my car in as a (rear) tire was losing pressure. Tire place can't even put the tire back on because the tire is so damaged due to alignment issue, most likely. So am running on the spare, for the day. (inside quarter inch of the tire was simply "gone" - worn down by a 1/4 inch or so)

The front tires are fine, however (Toyo Proxes 4 M+S)

I am running the Atreus 7.5x18 inch

Tire place recommends 2 of the following (215/45R18):
Sumitomo HTR !/S P01 (@$132)(grip)
Yokohama Avid Envigor (@$159) (comfort)
Falken 21EX 2E-912 (@$140)
Dunlop Fierce Instinct 2R (@$166)

I'll go back and review this and other threads, but any advice would be appreciated.

I live in SF Bay Area, and this car does not go to Tahoe.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I bought a set of kumho ecsta 4X all season a few months ago for all 4 corners and love them. They are very quiet, great handling in wet or dry and excellent value for the money. Much better than the Michelins that came with the car.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
id go with either the

Bridgestone Potenza RE970AS Pole Position ( these are the ones im going to buy)

or

Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus ( these i put on my previous cars)

·
Registered
558 Posts
Maybe I'll ask the obvious. What about matching the Toyo's? Not too smart to be running two different brands?? Just sayin'

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Hankook Evo V12 Ventus or how ever they are named. Or if you can get your hands on some Kumho Ku39 Ecsta...

·
Registered
16,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I decided to stick with the Toyos as doing anything else was more complicated (and I liked the Toyos)

looks like I got bad wear as a result of not rotating enough

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
If money isn't an issue (which is rarely the case :p) go for 4 Michelin Pilot Super Sport. I got these this year, an exception to my wallet. They really are the best tires I have ever owned! . . . $$$ and true summer though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts