SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Any new xc90 owners bought tire and wheel protection plan? Mu
Many of us did, based on previous posts. I have heard too many horror stories about how these wide tires can be fragile and how a single pot hole can damage the rims. At least one poster here has already damaged both the tires and the rims just by rubbing against the curb in front of his house.

·
Registered
56 Posts
We added the wheel protection plan to our lease. I always end up riding up a big curb and scratching up my wheels. I also got the windshield protection too. I forget if it was a bundle plan or two separate ones.

These wheels and tires are crazy expensive. I figure I will definitely use the plan at some point so it was a pretty easy decision for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
What I am wondering is if the warranty works for accidents like hitting curbs.....often times you are thinking there is coverage when in actuality there are exclusions and zero coverage. Has anyone reading this post ever used this type of insurance coverage? What was the nature of the claim? Does the replacement tire/wheel now have coverage, or do have to purchase new insurance???

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
I should really read my policy since I've already used it once, punctured tire from driving over a piece of wire that looked like chain-link fence. No questions asked new tire replacement.

Curb rash on rims is excluded from my policy, I know that.

I believe my new tire is covered, I think the policy covers up to 5 new tires/rims. It's something like that anyway.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I should really read my policy since I've already used it once, punctured tire from driving over a piece of wire that looked like chain-link fence. No questions asked new tire replacement.

Curb rash on rims is excluded from my policy, I know that.

I believe my new tire is covered, I think the policy covers up to 5 new tires/rims. It's something like that anyway.

How much you paid for 5 year plan?

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
I paid around 8-900. Don't even remember exactly but I remember thinking if I use this even once it won't be too much more than a tire at cost, and I'll likely use it more. There are so many potholes, road debris etc where I live so it seemed really appealing. But yeah no curb rash.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I paid around 8-900. Don't even remember exactly but I remember thinking if I use this even once it won't be too much more than a tire at cost, and I'll likely use it more. There are so many potholes, road debris etc where I live so it seemed really appealing. But yeah no curb rash.
5 year $900 is pretty cheap, I was charged around $2000 for 5 years. I was thinking to cancel it.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What kind of 5 year plan you have? Unlimited?

·
Registered
674 Posts
I paid around 8-900. Don't even remember exactly but I remember thinking if I use this even once it won't be too much more than a tire at cost, and I'll likely use it more.
Is there a deductible?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts