SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have posted a few times on here about different tire and wheel questions, but I am hoping that I can sort of finally figure out what the parameters are for knowing if a wheel will fit or not. I know very little about this.

Basically, I want to get a second set of rims for snow tires for my new xc90. I have the 21" 8 spoke inscription wheels on it now.

How do I figure out if a wheel will fit or not. The service department at my dealership hasn't been very helpful.

Will, for example, this Cratus wheel fit?
http://www.autorimshop.com/volvo-xc...s-70367.html?gclid=CODOhrXYi8kCFYE2gQoduZIH2g

How can I figure out if the "hub centric," which I have been told is important, will fit on the new XC90?

Does anyone know if that is the same from the older XC90/XC60 to the current XC90? Assuming the brakes will fit, etc, am I good putting a set of wheels designed for the XC60 or the older XC90 on the new XC90? How can I tell this or not?

Does anyone know about this stuff? Thanks, I am finding it very confusing, and I am just hoping to not have to spend another 3 grand on a set of Volvo XC90 accessory wheels, or at least, if I do, it will be because I know that those are the only ones that will fit.

·
Registered
147 Posts
You basically need to know how wide your 21's are and what the offset of the wheels are. Offset is how far in or out the wheel is from the wheel well. Once you have those pieces of information you should be able to find a bunch of wheels that fit perfectly. Not to confuse the issue but if you do get aftermarket wheels, make sure you get hub centric rings with them, (preferably metal ones). If you get wheels without the rings and mount them, that is when vibrations around 55 mph can often occur.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts