SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Similar to my post in S40 forum.

Anyone have any favorite all season tires? In my climate snow/ice are irrelevant--thankfully.

Original owner replacing stock tires. R Design with stock 18s. Car came with Pirelli P Zero Nero that lasted ~32K miles (new Pirelli's come with 45K warranty so this is par for the course of never getting close to warranted life, IMHO). Anyone have experience with a high-tread life all season they want to recommend?

Looking at another set of Pirellis, Michelin Pilot Sport, or Cooper Zeon RS3-As but open to suggestions.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Similar to my post in S40 forum.

Anyone have any favorite all season tires? In my climate snow/ice are irrelevant--thankfully.

Original owner replacing stock tires. R Design with stock 18s. Car came with Pirelli P Zero Nero that lasted ~32K miles (new Pirelli's come with 45K warranty so this is par for the course of never getting close to warranted life, IMHO). Anyone have experience with a high-tread life all season they want to recommend?

Looking at another set of Pirellis, Michelin Pilot Sport, or Cooper Zeon RS3-As but open to suggestions.
I am in the same boat with my '13 C30 LE. It came with Michelins but would also like to hear some tire advice.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Continental Extreme Contact DWS. Not the best tread life, but great grip.
Thanks MNIWT. I know there's give-and-takes on tires so I'm stressing wet grip/low noise.

The Pirelli PZero Neros that came with my wife's 2012 C30 were great until now 6/32" and it's really noisy.

The OEM Michelin Pilots on my 2013 C30 PLE are quiet but wore down in 25K to 4/32"

Have you heard good things about Toyos?

Btw, MNIWT, your 2016 C30 CTD youtube video is excellent.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Pirelli P7 Cinturato

I also loved General Altimax HP, but I think they don't make them anymore. Crazy grip. Make they make something similar to those.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sh*t...just ordered and paid for the Michelin Pilot's. Oh well. They were the absolute top rated by Consumer Reports...

·
Super Moderator
15,166 Posts
Have you heard good things about Toyos?

Btw, MNIWT, your 2016 C30 CTD youtube video is excellent.
Thanks!

I've had Toyos Proxes and they were okay, but Continental Extreme Contact DW (dry wet) have been my favorite tires.
The Extreme Contact DWS (dry wet snow) are also great, but pointless for us here in GA.

Pirelli P7s were mediocre in all conditions but good tread life, a bit noisier.
Toyo Proxes had decent dry grip and decent wet grip, quieter than the Pirellis.
Continental Extreme Contact DW have amazing dry grip and good wet grip, I'd say the quietest, but my exhaust is loud now. Had them on snow/ice and they did great for summer tires.
Bridgestone Potenzas had decent dry grip and good wet grip.
Nexen NFera were mediocre in all conditions, worse than the Pirellis. But they were dirt cheap, so I'm not really complaining.
Michelin Pilot Sport AS3 were decent dry grip and good wet grip. But just not enough dry grip for my driving style.
Cooper Tires Zeon had okay dry grip but very good wet grip. Had them on snow/ice and they did better than expected.

Those are the only tires I've tried in the last two years (I drive a lot...). My favorites have been the Continentals. They're pricier, but they give me the best balance of performance and tread life for my driving style. I avoid all seasons since I don't need them now. Summer tires year 'round.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Ooops, meant to say the 2015 Conquer the Dragon youtube video...Sorry about that MNIWT

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
The Bridgestone potenza Re760s were great this past year, Wore a bit fast, but sticky and had little noise, and handled perfectly!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts