SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Next weekend I am planning on refreshing/swapping the PCV system, replacing the AC Compressor, and putting in a do88 drop in IC. Figured I'd get all of it done at once so I don't have to go in there again for awhile. That being said, is there anything else I should do while I have everything taken apart? Also any tips or tricks for any of these jobs?

TIA

Sent from my Mi MIX 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
93 Posts
Next weekend I am planning on refreshing/swapping the PCV system, replacing the AC Compressor, and putting in a do88 drop in IC. Figured I'd get all of it done at once so I don't have to go in there again for awhile. That being said, is there anything else I should do while I have everything taken apart? Also any tips or tricks for any of these jobs?

TIA

Sent from my Mi MIX 2 using Tapatalk
Hi, recently did similar job, and did a step by step write up (search my posts). There Is link to FCP euro 'how to' video, as well...

Based on advice from here, I swapped in a new thermostat housing, new coolant lines, new vacuum lines & check valves. And, while you've got the throttle body off, give it a thorough cleaning with an old toothbrush & can of brake cleaner...
Of course, fresh gaskets for manifold, TB, etc.
Also, since fuel rail's gotta come off, you could have injectors sent out for service, or replace with new. I put new Bosch Greens in, and a new fuel pressure sensor as well...

Far as essential tools: def want a 10mm crows foot wrench for the manifold bolt that's under the thermostat! And a set of wobble sockets & long extensions, too.

FCP euro is your friend for parts...have fun!

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Yep lots of wobble socket extensions, go to harbor freight and pick up a set of them for cheap. Also have fun with banjo bolt on the bottom corner of the intake manifold muhahahahahaa :cool:
I got the IPD PCV kit btw. Everything else I'd get at FCP other than the ac compressor which I'd get from Erie Vovo (lifetime warranty.)
You could maybe replace some vacuum lines while you're down there and have the intake manifold and throttle body off.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts