SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
like <p>what kind of wax<br>with what should i apply wax with (i want that rain off wax too)<br>anything to shiny up the tires?<br>and something to dry the car off?<p>and now for the interior<p>my seats are fairly dirty and its t-tec so i would love advice on that<p>and i think thats it<p><br>just wondering which products you guys think are best for teh job

·
Registered
8,273 Posts
FYI, there is a car detailing section on this forum.<p>Wax: Varies Some good ones p21, zaino, meguiars NXT remove wax with microfiber cloth<br>Tires: Meguiars Wet Shine<br>Dry: Microfiber towels<p>There is no definite answer to any of your questions but I hope this helps.

·
Registered
8,273 Posts
Not really, waxing is simple. Keep it away from vinyl mouldings etc, you shouldnt have any problems doing it.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Re: Tips and Pointers for complete car cleaning *wanted* (Dharam66)

Wax: <br>Currently in the detailer's world, the latest rave is <A HREF="http://www.duragloss.com" TARGET="_blank">Duragloss</A>. If you are lucky you can get them at some Chief or Napa auto stores. You can also order online from the company directly for a flat rate of $4.95. The wax everybody is talking about is Total Performance Polish (105) and a spray wax AquaWax. Most people seem to like their entire product. If you want to prep the paint and make the wax last longer you can try their Polish Bonding Agent (PBA). The good news is that these product are fairly affordable. <p>Interior: <br>I see a lot of people use Woolite diluted 6 part water to 1 part Woolite to clean interior. I use it to clean my mats and leather. I don't have t-tec so I don't really know how well it clean those. Should be fine though.<br>

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Re: Tips and Pointers for complete car cleaning *wanted* (Dharam66)

The Mr. Clean auto-dry thing is the shizznit.<p>If you don't like the soap they use, then use your own soap, but rinse your car off with the Mr. Clean water and wait- it really dries spot-free. Then use the wax of your choice.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
I'd like to add that I've had outstanding results with Mother's Reflections wax as well and it comes off with ease. Also Malco cherry Flash is a good choice for ease of use.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Re: (Majisto)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>Majisto</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Isn't the Mister Clean Auto Dry just a filter to soften your water so it dries spot free?</TD></TR></TABLE><p>Yes. I tried it on my car and it didn't work. Probably because the water is very hard in my area. I'm back to using the old method of final rinse of running the car with free flowing water then drying what's left with a waffle weave microfiber.

·
Registered
365 Posts
everything u need to know about car cleaning is in the website below:<p><A HREF="http://www.guidetodetailing.com" TARGET="_blank">http://www.guidetodetailing.com</A>/

1 - 12 of 12 Posts