SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys

If you are getting/ordering a 2020 V90RD in US, the door mirrors will only be offered in black. I ordered my Bursting Blue V90RD T6 a week ago and I if it wasn't the mirror color, my first body color choice actually was bright silver. However I double checked with the dealer and they confirmed with the factory they will not do color matched caps. I think it also applies to other RD vehicles, at least for XC40s.

·
Registered
162 Posts
My 2018 Rdesign XC60 Bursting Blue side mirror came in silver🤢 . I wasn’t going to buy the car because of that. The dealer said they can switch it with black mirror caps. So they did that and I bought it. They gave me the silver one that I have in my garage .

·
Administrator
55,923 Posts
Historically, The R-Design models in the U.S. came with Satin Silver mirror caps, window trim and roof rails. For 2020, Volvo switched to a gloss black for these parts. It looks much better, IMHO.

Here is a 2020 XC90 R-Design in the new Thunder Grey Metallic

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Historically, The R-Design models in the U.S. came with Satin Silver mirror caps, window trim and roof rails. For 2020, Volvo switched to a gloss black for these parts. It looks much better, IMHO.

Here is a 2020 XC90 R-Design in the new Thunder Grey Metallic

I drove a 2018 V90 RD D5 Sliver with Sliver mirror caps in Norway and it looked great imo, but any other color will be pretty meh.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Same goes for R-design in Sweden. I wanted black caps when I ordered my MY18 but they weren't available at the time so I thought I'd just wrap them.
Now satin silver isn't even an option so you HAVE to go with the black ones. Lol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts