SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
3M brand 18% all around. I'm looking forward to the heat reduction and privacy. I've felt a bit naked driving around tintless :cool:

A couple before shots:

and after:

What do you think?

·
Registered
956 Posts
looks nice, the sonic blue looks so much better with tinted windows. 18% is too much for me, but still looks good

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
that looks very nice! They will come in handy this summer!

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
looking sharp, paint looks great too. What year is that?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
looks nice, the sonic blue looks so much better with tinted windows. 18% is too much for me, but still looks good
I was stuck between 35 and 18 at the tint shop today. they wanted to do 35 front and 18 back (which would be within local regs here in Houston), but i like it the same all the way around. 18 isn't too dark for me, it gets pretty toasty down here :) I would have probably preferred 25 to avoid potential scrutiny from the authorities.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Once upon a time, I actually received a ticket for "illegal window coating" (later dismissed) in this car:

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
That will be next months upgrade for my SR. I can't believe I've waited 9 years t do it. :)
V's are a must to get tints.

Now what are you going to do with your privacy???????

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Fred looks great. Love your choice of color. How log have you had yours? What color interior do you have. Here is mine with tint. Took thes the night i got her home.

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Cool! Mine is bone stock and its a blast to drive. I also have the same interior and volvo call it Gobi. Hope you enjoy it as much as i do mine. You should set up your signature with your car info.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
I have 18% SunTek tint and it is like the perfect shade of tint. Nice job. Looks great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
:thumbdown::eek::mad::rolleyes::thumbdown::confused::beer::pic:gooooooooooooooooobbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii:vampire::vampire::vampire::vampire::vampire::vampire::vampire::vampire::vampire::vampire::vampire::vampire::vampire::vampire::vampire:
Looks like I should have held back on my post! lol

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
Looks GOOD. Tinting also my first mod. It came tinted but you could still see items in the cargo area. So it got full limo tint in back . I don't know how people can drive a wagon and have all there things out in plane view

Keep up with the modes they are fun

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
Looks like I should have held back on my post! lol
Gobi and Sonic blue is my favorite R color combo!! In fact it's the exact combo I sought after and own myself. Though I have an SR and not a VR. I've seen a few Sonic VR's in the past and it has been quite tempting to make a switch, but I haven't needed the extra cargo space yet, and don't mind saving a few MPG's. Some will say that Sonic and Atacama is the best, but that's only because it's rare; I personally think that color combo is hideous (which is why it's rare). :p Plus the Gobi doesn't heat up like darker colored leathers, and I'm sure with the heat you're in, it's something you'd appreciate. :)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts