SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally had a decent day for a wash and a few pics. Intended to get some close up shots of the VentureShield, but it slipped my mind. The only add-ons to date are the OEM wing and tint. Interior just has the full rubber mat treatment front to back. Still need to get to work on an acceptable XM/Sirius option that doesn't clutter things up. Must .... get .... wheels.

[IMG]http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h255/roktbox/DSC_0207.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h255/roktbox/DSC_0224.jpg[/IMG]

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Re: Tint Pics (roktbox)

Looks really nice! What % is it? Looks pretty dark, like 20%.

I love the all around tint look. I had 35% on my previous car. Is all around tint legal there? It sucks, they've started to hassle people here, and I got two tix for it, and gave up and pulled the fronts off.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Tint Pics (Lotus99)

It is 20%. The old guy in the grocery getter is usually low on the profiling list, though.
The whole % tint, front plate level of enforcement around here is relative (allegedly) to the $$$ and make of the car. I'll stay under the radar.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Re: Tint Pics (roktbox)

I'm sure that has a bit to do with it.

But I had a black 2000 Audi A4, so it wasn't exactly screaming "Look at me, fast sports car!" What happened here is that they decided all of a sudden last year, after years of being easy on cars, to step up enforcement, and I got busted twice in 3 months. I had the tint for 4 years before that with no issues. Who knows why.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Re: Tint Pics (rovermark)

You find that engine by looking under the hood of any North American V70.

Is this a trick question? That's the one and only engine it comes with in North America.

EDIT: LOL! Now i get it. You meant how does he like the engine... Duh!

Modified by Lotus99 at 9:56 AM 3-11-2009

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Tint Pics (rovermark)

Quote, originally posted by rovermark »
I'm interested in getting a V70 without the turbo charger - because it is not available.

How do you find that engine (3.2)?

It's growing on me. My previous tuned T5 had a massive turbo hit, gobs more torque, and I'll really miss the 5-4, 4-3 downshifts + mashed pedal acceleration with a 5spd. Seemed like you could just wind that thing out with the bigger turbo clear to the limiter and never peak it.

I just drive it more sedately, which in itself isn't a bad thing at all. In fact, I quite like it. I haven't been using the Geartronic much at all, but should endeavor to do so. Just can't keep my left foot from searching for the clutch pedal whenever I grab the lever to shift. The torque curve is so flat that you don't feel that seat of the pants acceleration, just that smooth sensation that you're building speed and often much faster than you estimate until you look at the speedo. It's much like a V-Twin vs I4 sportbike. No need to wring its neck to extract the power. So in the same context it may be the easier car to live with.

I look forward to a T6 with driving mode selectability sometime down the road so I can get hot sauce on my meatloaf when I want it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.